Apple VP Twitter profile hints at September event preparation

Posted:
in General Discussion edited March 2022
Apple VP of Environment, Policy, and Social Initiatives Lisa Jackson has seemingly teased recording for Apple's September event has taken place, by changing her Twitter profile image.

Updated on Sunday and spotted by iOS developer Noah Evans, the profile picture of Jackson's Twitter account has been updated. The photograph features Jackson, but the background is of more interest to industry watchers.

The setting for Jackson's impromptu image is of a set that regularly appears in Apple Event presentations, consisting of a circular room with concentric circles in the ceiling, namely the Steve Jobs Theater lobby. The white space has a number of cases on wheels, the type typically used to house broadcast or concert equipment, alongside lights and other gear.

The image suggests that Jackson was recording her part for one of the upcoming Apple Events, currently anticipated to take place in September as usual. It is unclear what the segment will feature, but given Jackson's role, it is likely to be something environmental or social initiative-related.

[Via <a href=@lisapjackson/Twitter]" height="800" />
[Via @lisapjackson/Twitter]

Current speculation has Apple holding two events, with the list of potential products being launched including the "iPhone 13" refresh, changes to the AirPods and iPad lines, a 14-inch MacBook Pro and 16-inch MacBook Pro, and the "Apple Watch Series 7."

While an Apple Watch is partially visible in the image, it is impossible to tell whether it is the inbound model, or a current-gen Apple Watch Series 6.

Read on AppleInsider
David H Dennis

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    pslicepslice Posts: 151member
    I enjoy every Apple event. Frustrating, though, that nothing about a 27” iMac is even hinted. My husband got the 24”, but I am hanging on for a 27” (or bigger). The iMac Pro is way beyond my needs or means. I just can’t see myself going to the 24”. It’s speedy and pretty, but not enough ports and the RAM and internal storage is less than I’d like. Sure hope to see a little bigger iMac. 
    meterestnzAnilu_777kingofsomewherehotDavid H Denniszigzaglens
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Let me guess:  will start producing local-for-local to end the carbon dioxide burden by the globe’s largest aviation-based distribution 
  • Reply 3 of 5
    rj81rj81 Posts: 1member
    "The setting for Jackson's impromptu image is of a set that regularly appears in Apple Event presentations, consisting of a circular room with concentric circles in the ceiling."

Tthe Steve Job Theatre lobby. Wouldn't Appleinsider know this??
    There seems to be lots of equipment in the background, which might support the theory. But true they could have just said it’s the lobby. 
    edited August 2021
  • Reply 4 of 5
    fred1fred1 Posts: 1,112member
    Maybe she’ll announce the iPad Mini 6!  :o
  • Reply 5 of 5
    pslice said:
    I enjoy every Apple event. Frustrating, though, that nothing about a 27” iMac is even hinted. My husband got the 24”, but I am hanging on for a 27” (or bigger). The iMac Pro is way beyond my needs or means. I just can’t see myself going to the 24”. It’s speedy and pretty, but not enough ports and the RAM and internal storage is less than I’d like. Sure hope to see a little bigger iMac. 
    Yep... i'm used to my 27" iMac (mid-2011 :) ) ... going to 24" would feel like a step backward (visualy). if they don't annonce a 27" (or larger) version, I imagine I'll me moving to a Mini with a non-apple monitor. Not as aesthetically pleasing, but functional. :) 
    edited August 2021 pslice