'No Chance' of blood pressure sensor for 'Apple Watch Series 7'

Posted:
in Apple Watch
Following renewed rumors of a blood pressure sensor in the forthcoming "Apple Watch Series 7," Mark Gurman says there is "no chance" that the feature will debut in the fall.

Apple Watch
Apple Watch

The new "Apple Watch Series 7" is reportedly seeing delays in manufacturer because of its complex new design. Rumors about the device's new features included one that it would add a blood pressure sensor, but those are now being denied by other sources.

no chance

-- Mark Gurman (@markgurman)

Apple added blood oxygen tracking in the Apple Watch Series 6, and has previously applied for patents regarding blood pressure sensors, including ones using a kind of Watch band.

As yet, Apple has not announced a launch date for the expected "Apple Watch Series 7," although it is expected to be launched in September. Apple has, however, release beta versions of the forthcoming watchOS 8.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    A blood pressure sensor would be a guaranteed buy from me. Also, if they could make the battery last 24 hours instead of the current 16 hours (that's what I'm getting) then that would probably mean a buy from me, so I could wear it when I'm asleep in addition to when I'm awake.
    Scot1dk49forgot username
  • Reply 2 of 5
    MorkMork Posts: 22member
    I can’t see how Apple could incorporate a useful BPM without some way of manipulating the vessels. A band that pressurised the wrist would use a significant amount of power to accurately measure systolic and diastolic levels. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3639494/

A non invasive blood sugar level monitor would be a winner.

Maybe Apple will announce a ‘quadcorder’ this month as a part of its hardware reveal. I’ll ask my friend ‘Bones’ McCoy……
  • Reply 3 of 5
    A blood pressure sensor would be a guaranteed buy from me. Also, if they could make the battery last 24 hours instead of the current 16 hours (that's what I'm getting) then that would probably mean a buy from me, so I could wear it when I'm asleep in addition to when I'm awake.
    I get 40-50 hours between 90 minute charges on my WATCH Series 6.
    patchythepirateStrangeDays
  • Reply 4 of 5

That's the #1 reason I'm looking to upgrade my AW 4. It's still a great device but the battery life has been an issue the last few months (especially w/ watchOS 7.6). I barely get a daytime in (10 hours) w/o some recharging. 
  • Reply 5 of 5
    pairof9 said:

That's the #1 reason I'm looking to upgrade my AW 4. It's still a great device but the battery life has been an issue the last few months (especially w/ watchOS 7.6). I barely get a daytime in (10 hours) w/o some recharging. 

There has to be something wrong with your watch.  My S4  was unplugged at 7:15 this morning and now at almost 6:00 I have 69% left.  

StrangeDays