'AirPods Pro 2' rumored to launch Q3 2022

Posted:
in iPhone
A sketchy rumor, claimed to be based on supply chain information, says that Apple will release the next version of its AirPods Pro in 2022's third quarter

Apple's current AirPods Pro
Apple's current AirPods Pro

It's already two years since AirPods Pro were launched in October 2019. Previous rumors from the likes of analyst Ming-Chi Kuo have said the "AirPods Pro 2" will be released in early 2022. Now, though, a new report pushes that back to the third quarter of 2022 instead.

Twitter user "FrontTron" has posted an amended timeframe with the sole detail being the change to 2022 Q3. "FrontTron" has previously been better known for Samsung leaks, with both a limited and a poor track record with Apple.

Release dates

AirPods 3:
- 2021 Q3

AirPods Pro 2:
- At least 2022 Q2
Changed to 2022 Q3 https://t.co/YaP39JoC0t

— Tron (@FrontTron)

However, this tweet was first spotted by MacRumors and "FrontTron" has reportedly told the publication that the source comes directly from the supply chain.

This claim follows a recent one which purported to show leaked images of the forthcoming earbuds. The images, if accurate, show few design changes since the original AirPods Pro, while other previous reports have claimed that Apple will reduce the stem.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    roakeroake Posts: 811member
    I hope they come out with a reason that I *must* upgrade!  Right now, though, I’m not sure what that would be.  They are pretty darned good as they are.

I haven’t heard a lot of rumors about new features for these.  What are the exciting things with them that may be coming?
    edited November 2021 williamlondon
  • Reply 2 of 3
    roake said:
    I hope they come out with a reason that I *must* upgrade!  Right now, though, I’m not sure what that would be.  They are pretty darned good as they are.

I haven’t heard a lot of rumors about new features for these.  What are the exciting things with them that may be coming?
    Only thing that is missing for me would be a little more
    deeper on the bass as right now it seems a little weak for me at least. I have a new set of Bose quiet comfort earbuds with ANC and both the noise cancellation and bass are a little more in my range that I personally like to hear. As far as any other improvement’s I don’t have much of a clue but Apple being Apple I bet they won’t disappoint. 
    williamlondon
  • Reply 3 of 3
    6 hours extended battery life would be nice. I currently get 4 hours before I use the case to recharge. Other than that I love the sound and the noise cancellation quality of the Pros.
    williamlondon