Rolling Square's AirCard fits in your wallet, works just like an AirTag

Posted:
in General Discussion
Rolling Square is releasing a new credit-card-shaped tracker that fits in your wallet and works with Apple's Find My feature.

AirCard is one of the first products to work fully within Apple's Find My ecosystem and has been a product that fans have highly requested of Apple's tracking service.

The tracker is 3.2mm thick, a bit over the thickness of three standard credit cards. It's powered by three ultra-thin batteries rated to get up to one year of battery life before needing to be replaced.

It's rated as IP67, making it dustproof and water-resistant up to one meter. In the event that you lose your wallet, you can make the AirCard beep, allowing you to find it if it's lost in the couch cushions or your hamper.

Additionally, it even allows you to set up Left Behind alerts. Left Behind is a feature that has been recently added to Find My in iOS 15. Users can opt in to let their iPhone alert them when they've walked out of range of a Find My-compatible device.

Those interested can head to Rolling Square's website and sign up to receive an email when preorders go live. Rolling Square plans on opening preorders in January. Currently, there is no word on pricing.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    genovellegenovelle Posts: 1,480member
    How cool!  And it has replaceable batteries!  Take that tile!
    ravnorodomwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 4
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,371member
    Huh, saw the reference to the Left Behind feature here. I must have missed the original announcement. That is one of the primary use cases that would drive my purchase on an AirTag. Having a tag with replaceable batteries in a wallet sized tag is cool since that’s the one item that I’m most likely to leave behind when I leave home.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 4
    fred1fred1 Posts: 1,112member
    This is a form factor I’ve wanted in an AirTag device. I even made my own card wallet that holds an AirTag, but it’s very bulky. This is so much better. 
    williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 4
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,360member
    I've tried the Locate Wallet thing with a Trackr device is it was dismal. This card might be worth looking into.

One problem for me is the distance required before getting a notification. I  set up a Left Behind alert for my phone so if I left the house without it, I'd get an alert on my watch, and vice versa. But it takes an enabling run for the alert to trigger. I get several blocks away before getting a notifications.

Since Left Behind uses Bluetooth which under the best of conditions has a max range of about 100' line of sight (usually much less) I was hoping to get an alert as soon as I got in my car. No dice. This is a great feature but I wish the range was more adjustable.

The AirTag beep is barely audible in many circumstances so I wonder how well that works buried in a wallet. 
    williamlondonwatto_cobra