New Apple 'Mac Studio' may fit in between Mac mini and Mac Pro

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 43
    mobird said:
    Many of us here on Appleinsider have been diligent over numerous years wanting for Apple to release the machine described in this article with many naysayers saying that it is a niche market, blah, blah, blah and it's market that Apple is not interested in.

Stay tuned... :*
    We now know the MacMini is not getting a PRO or MAX chip, which is what I've been saying all along. I'm guessing the bare bones Studio starts at no less than $2k but it's likely to be closer to $3k. The Mini will simply get the base M2 that's coming with a few extra graphics core and probably the enhanced media encoder/decoder.
    williamlondon
  • Reply 42 of 43
    mobird said:
    Many of us here on Appleinsider have been diligent over numerous years wanting for Apple to release the machine described in this article with many naysayers saying that it is a niche market, blah, blah, blah and it's market that Apple is not interested in.

Stay tuned... :*
    We now know the MacMini is not getting a PRO or MAX chip, which is what I've been saying all along. I'm guessing the bare bones Studio starts at no less than $2k but it's likely to be closer to $3k. The Mini will simply get the base M2 that's coming with a few extra graphics core and probably the enhanced media encoder/decoder.
    Sure, it’s possible the Mini will get a redesign and the M2, but I think there’s also a decent chance the Mini is dead, replaced by the Studio. I know the arguments against this, but I don’t really see what purpose a Mini would serve other than to undermine the Studio.

As for the xMac, look toward the Mac Pro itself for that. Two sizes. 
  • Reply 43 of 43
    cgWerkscgWerks Posts: 2,952member
    tenthousandthings said:
    Sure, it’s possible the Mini will get a redesign and the M2, but I think there’s also a decent chance the Mini is dead, replaced by the Studio. I know the arguments against this, but I don’t really see what purpose a Mini would serve other than to undermine the Studio.

As for the xMac, look toward the Mac Pro itself for that. Two sizes. 
    Hehe, well hindsight being 20/20.... I bet now with the Studio (hopefully that name will grow on me!), they'll still have the Mac mini with the M2 next. Makes perfect sense now.