Samsung's $700 Smart Monitor M8 borrows Apple's multi-colored iMac style

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    crowley said:
    crowley said: Exactly, people want more.  I haven't seen anyone say this Samsung display gives them everything.
    People may want more, but Apple isn't out of line with the rest of the market. 120/240 MHz + HDR = 2K monitor in today's market. 
    Maybe, but it's a trifle galling to see a Samsung display with built in AirPlay, while the Apple monitor does not.  Also stand alone video conferencing and HDMI input for greater flexibility.
    AirPlay on an Apple monitor used by Apple fans is utterly pointless since, you know, the Mac it’s connected to already has it. 

Apple knows its market. It isn’t making generic PC equipment for generic PCs. And that’s 100% fine. Plenty of options for people who want cheap PC stuff, as the other poster nailed on the head. 
    And there are people who want the extra features and the Apple build quality and integration.  And they will complain, and their complaints are what push Apple to do better.  Everyone wins.
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 22 of 22
    I have previous series M5 32” monitor. I don’t think it is intended for computer monitor for professionals. As a monitor it is ok, however I use it as smart tv. Youtube and streaming services work great with Airplay support. I rarely use as monitor, 32 inch screen is amazing to use. However, I am not professional creator. Personally, I love it and bought one more for my parents. As a result, I don’t think this is a Apple Studio Display competitor. New series has new colors which I might have buy in the future for the same purposes.
    foregoneconclusionmattinoz