Adam Scott wins Webby award for 'Severance'

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
Apple TV+ is hoping "Severance" can be its next big award winner, and it has now gained its first one with a Webby nod for star Adam Scott.

Writer Dan Erickson mined his own corporate misery to create the disturbing "Severance" drama, and it's proved a huge hit for Apple TV+, especially with that finale. Now series star Adam Scott has been singled out for an acting gong by The Webby Awards.

"Scott strikes multi-dimensional chords with the audience," say the organisers on the official Webby site, "his performance is incredible, it leaves the audience questioning at every turn of the show.

"The audience is gripped the whole way along and Adam's performance is why," it continues. "For bringing his talents to the streaming screen in Severance, it is our pleasure to honor Adam Scott at the 2022 Webby Best Actor."

Its disingenuous to say that it's Scott's performance that makes people watch, when of course what he is performing is Erickson's compelling script. But it is a remarkable performance, not least because it requires him to portray the same character's very different emotional state in and out of the office setting.

The show has been renewed for a second season.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    TJJTJJ Posts: 14member
    Best show in years!
    lolliverFileMakerFellerwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 3
    In the last few days I've heard its referenced twice. I forget the first time but the second one was on Late Night with Seth Myers. They even had a poll about the reference asking if it was too soon to reference "Severance". I think word is slowly getting around about the show.
    lolliverFileMakerFellerwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 3
    If you have not watched this show, you are missing out on some of the best entertainment ever provided. Find the time.
    watto_cobra