Elon Musk says Apple's 30% commission rate is 'definitely not ok'

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 65
    flippyschflippysch Posts: 29member
    If 30% is way too high or highway robbery, why does it continue to grow? If it is indeed too high, purchases, usage, and revenue would begin to shrink.

I was considering a Tesla as my next vehicle purchase. However, I think the profit Musk is making on each vehicle sold is much too high, plus he is an asshole. Therefore, I will purchase a different vehicle and absolutely not purchase a Tesla.

It is that simple. If you think something costs too much or you do not like the people associated with the product, then do not purchase it.
    edited May 2022 thtwatto_cobra
  • Reply 62 of 65
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,949member

Must be nice to be able to run a business off government subsidies and the ether of the stock market.

bloggerblog said:
    I despise narrow minded haters. 84% of apps on the AppStore are free and Apple makes negative dollars on them. 16% are paid apps where Apple makes  a very reasonable and industry standard rate of 15% to 30%. 
    I wonder what would be the price per kWh at Tesla charging stations if 84% of their customers didn’t have to pay.

Does apple not take a cut of in-app ad revenue? (I don’t know).
    edited May 2022 spock1234watto_cobra
  • Reply 63 of 65
    cornchip said:

Must be nice to be able to run a business off government subsidies and the ether of the stock market.

bloggerblog said:
    I despise narrow minded haters. 84% of apps on the AppStore are free and Apple makes negative dollars on them. 16% are paid apps where Apple makes  a very reasonable and industry standard rate of 15% to 30%. 
    I wonder what would be the price per kWh at Tesla charging stations if 84% of their customers didn’t have to pay.

Does apple not take a cut of in-app ad revenue? (I don’t know).
    Nope. Apple had an in-app platform called iAd but my understanding is that it has been dropped. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 64 of 65
    spock1234spock1234 Posts: 160member
    Fred257 said:
    I’m beginning to wish this guy would just shut up. Just like 45
    I'm beginning to wish this guy would just shut up! And, stop injecting irrelevant political commentary into a Mac discussion.
    edited May 2022