Apple Store opening in Wuhan teased with wallpaper release

Posted:
in General Discussion
Apple is preparing to open its Apple Store in Wuhan, China, promoting the upcoming launch with the release of a new wallpaper.

An update to Apple's retail pages for Apple Wuhan lists the store as "Upcoming." While there is no official launch date released yet, the changes to the listing indicates that a formal opening of the store could happen within a month or two, or even within weeks.

The translated store page invites customers to the store, which features "great rivers and lakes of creativity" that "let you wave as you go."

As is customary for store openings, Apple has published a unique version of its logo for the store. The version representing Wuhan features swirling sections representing flowing water that are predominantly blue, with orange, yellow, pink, and green highlights.

Apple also provided the graphic as a wallpaper, for users to download and use on their Mac, iPhone, iPad, or other hardware.

The store is located on the second floor, Block C of Wuhan International Plaza Shopping Center, on Jiefang Avenue, Jianghan District, Wuhan.

Apple has kept details about the store under wraps, but a filing by the Hubei Provincial Government Service Network in August 2021 revealed the store's interior was reviewed and approved at that time. The total store space was said to be 9,500 square feet, though it is unknown how much of that will be accessible to customers.

The Wuhan store was previously anticipated to open in September 2021, to coincide with the launch of the "iPhone 13" and other Apple products.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    robin huberrobin huber Posts: 3,958member
    Where can one get the wallpaper?
  • Reply 2 of 9
    The logo should be a spikey Apple. 
    socalbrianelijahgdarkvaderoneaburns
  • Reply 3 of 9
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,093member
    This comment thread will go downhill quickly.
    ronntheirongiantrobin hubertmay
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Just visit the site linked in the very first line of the article and scroll down to the fairly obvious download link. Speaking Mandarin must help, but I don't and I found it fast.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    williamhwilliamh Posts: 1,033member
    sflocal said:
    This comment thread will go downhill quickly.
    It does look like the employees can walk over to the wet market to grab lunch.  

The people of Wuhan certainly are victims too but why do we have to pretend like there’s nothing unusual about an Apple Store opening there?
    edited April 2022 darkvaderoneaburns
  • Reply 6 of 9
    hexclockhexclock Posts: 1,250member
    The logo should be a spikey Apple. 
    That’s the first thing I though of. Nicely done!
    darkvaderoneaburns
  • Reply 7 of 9
    fairlopfairlop Posts: 5member
    aestival said:
    Just visit the site linked in the very first line of the article and scroll down to the fairly obvious download link. Speaking Mandarin must help, but I don't and I found it fast.
    If you navigate to the site from iPhone it allows you to download an decent apple watch face  :)

• Reply 8 of 9
    Paul_BPaul_B Posts: 82member
    fairlop said:
    aestival said:
    If you navigate to the site from iPhone it allows you to download an decent apple watch face  :)

They should sell fried Bats and Cats for more traffic.
    oneaburns
  • Reply 9 of 9
    darkvaderdarkvader Posts: 1,146member
    I found it.

oneaburns