iPhone 14 Pro Max will be the most wanted iPhone in the fall

Posted:
in iPhone
Production and shipment data for display panels used in Apple's iPhone 14 lineup indicates Apple expects high demand for its iPhone 14 Pro models in the fall.

September's launch lineup is rumored to focus most of the changes on the iPhone 14 Pro rather than the iPhone 14, and it seems Apple is planning for sales to err towards the newer models. In data shared by analyst Ross Young of DSCC, Apple's suppliers are apparently focusing their efforts on creating panels for the Pro range.

For June until September, Young claims in a tweet to "Super Followers" that the lion's share of panel shipments relates to the iPhone 14 Pro Max, with 28% of produced panels intended for that model. Following behind are the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro at 26% apiece, while the iPhone 14 Max is last at 19%.

On the production side, the iPhone 14 Pro Max apparently accounts for 29% of production, whereas the iPhone 14 Max is at 21%.

Young is still optimistic about the iPhone 14 Max, believing it will "make up a lot of ground in September." This proposes the initial rush will be for the other models, but demand should level out more later in the period.

So far, rumors and speculation indicates that the iPhone 14 won't enjoy as many updates as its Pro counterparts during September's event. For example, while the iPhone 14 will remain on the A15 chip, the Pro equivalent is slated to go to the A16, the usual upgrade in a normal cycle.

The Pro models will also probably benefit from other changes, such as switching the notch for a pill-and-hole cutout for an always-on display, as well as upgrading the wide camera sensor from 12 megapixels to a 48-megapixel version.

Upgrading the Pro models considerably while leaving the iPhone 14 a more muted update could result in consumers eager to get a new device to step up their choice to the Pro models. This anticipated demand model could explain why production leans more towards the Pro range, at least for 2022.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    I am ordering one Day 1. Upgrading from an iPhone 12 Pro, which goes to a brother-in-law.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 11
    JFC_PAJFC_PA Posts: 932member
    The iPhone Pro max just fits my hand so well. Looking forward to the new one. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 11
    The iPhone 5s fits my hand perfectly.  The iphone mini is close, but not quite.  I will not be upgrading.
    mobirdbaconstangfred1grandact73
  • Reply 4 of 11
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,166member
    Well, sure, by all the rumours the mainline iPhone will be a pretty lacklustre upgrade from the iPhone 13.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    mobirdmobird Posts: 753member
    IPhone 12 mini is safe for another year.
    baconstanggrandact73
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Just enough savings for my yearly upgrade, come to fafa 14promax
    Japheywatto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 11
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,823member
    I am ordering one Day 1. Upgrading from an iPhone 12 Pro, which goes to a brother-in-law.
    I'm on the Xs Max currently - a great phone. I might move it over to a dedicated data acquisition and development role as I have devices that talk to it and go with the 14 Pro Max.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 11
    Ditto.

I'll probably pass the 13 Pro Max and 12 Pro Max on to the wife and daughter.

Now with focus modes, I probably won't need an advanced phone to fly my drone, and with AppleCare with theft and loss, I really won't need to keep around a backup.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 11
    I’m upgrading from my X  I really love my X and I’m tempted to replace the battery. That’s the only thing that’s wrong with it. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 10 of 11
    iPhone 11 itching for 14 pro max.  Went economy back then, but as a pro videographer, finding too much use for phone camera to go cheap this time.
    hope T-mobile will do me right with a trade in and payment plan or Apple Card can beat it.
    t-mobile business has been a real pain in the ass for apple purchased iPhone deals though. 
    Had to create a consumer account then move it over and cancel which was a major PITA.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 11 of 11
    I’ve got the X as well. It’s been a great phone. Having it for 5 yrs., it doesn’t owe me anything, and I’ve gotten great service and value from it. Like you, the battery is getting tired, and along with itching for the “latest and greatest”, I think this is the year I’m going to pull the trigger. Enjoy