Apple releases iOS 16.1.1, iPadOS 16.1.1, macOS Ventura 13.0.1 with bug fixes

Posted:
in General Discussion edited November 2022
Apple has released iOS 16.1.1, iPadOS 16.1.1, and macOS Ventura 13.0.1 with bug fixes, minus the expected iPhone 14 Emergency SOS via Satellite feature.

iPhone 14 models have an Emergency SOS via Satellite feature
iPhone 14 models have an Emergency SOS via Satellite feature

The new updates were expected as there was an ongoing issue with Apple's ad network that needed an update to address. Speculation suggested that Emergency SOS via Satellite would be activated in iPhone 14 models with this update, but that hasn't arrived yet.

Available updates include iOS 16.1.1, iPadOS 16.1.1, and macOS Ventura 13.0.1. Release notes only contain a vague bug fix and security update statement.

Users should see a notification for the update, and it will install automatically overnight for most. However, if you'd like the update to install right away, it will need to be initiated manually.

How to update iPhone or iPad

1. Open the Settings app

2. Scroll down and tap "General"

3. Tap "Software update"

4. Select the software update option when it appears

How to update a Mac

1. Open the System Settings app

2. Click "General"

3. Click "Software update"

4. Click the software update option when it appears

These point updates address potentially debilitating bugs that affect how apps and the operating system perform. Apple didn't disclose any serious security patches in these releases, so install as soon as is reasonable.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    bonobobbonobob Posts: 386member
     Apple didn't disclose any serious security patches in these releases, so install as soon as is reasonable.
    Umm, actually, they did.  

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201222
    Alex1N
  • Reply 2 of 6
    When will Apple include or link to detailed release notes like any other mature OS developer?

It’s either incomplete, vaguely described or hard to find online.
    edited November 2022 Alex1Nmichelb76darkvader
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Hmm…Apple ad network - as if we aren’t beleaguered enough by ads.
    darkvader
  • Reply 4 of 6
    When will Apple include or link to detailed release notes like any other mature OS developer?

It’s either incomplete, vaguely described or hard to find online.
    That rule is only for app developers apparently.
    darkvader
  • Reply 5 of 6
    It's an important update in China it seems, limiting airdrop functionality to prevent spread of anti-government material.
    darkvader
  • Reply 6 of 6
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,511member
    I think this update fixes some WiFi issues affecting older iPhones. I’ve been experiencing WiFi disconnects with iOS 16.1 on my iPhone XS Max, which I’ve never experienced before. Hopefully this will resolve that issue.