sent my cell phone through the washer...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
well, i'm a numb skull and didn't take my motorola v70 out of my pants pocket before sending the jeans through the washer. it doesn't work now. any chance i can repair this? if not, what parts might still work? the battery? the lcd? anyone have any experience in this kind of thing?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    Take off the battery and place it somewhere warm without direct sunlight and I do NOT mean an oven (remember: I´m giving advise to someone who just washed his mobile phone).

Try it again after a week. This is your best chance.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Open it up. dry it out, let it sit for a day or two and see if it works.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    poor guy.

happens to the best of us.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    My cell phone spent 30 seconds in a toilet while I mustered up the courage to remove it...

Took it completely apart, set it aside for 5 days, and it was fine. Reception was a little shitty at first, but it ended up normal.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    how do you like the v70?
  • Reply 6 of 12
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Heh, speaking of washing stuff... after I graduated high school, I accidentally forgot to remove all the checks I got as graduation gifts from my pants pocket, so I found all these tiny check fragments in the washer afterwards. Luckily, most of the people who sent me checks were willing to send me new ones
  • Reply 7 of 12
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jonathan

how do you like the v70?

it's okay at best. i bought it simply for its size and have found that it very nicely fits in to a pocket without any kind of bulk and remains mostly unnoticeable (hence running it through the wash on the other hand, if you want to do wireless web stuff it is a poor choice. it can only do a few lines of text, no color at all, and the phone itself has very few features (downloadable ring tones, etc). Also the feel of the phone is a little flimsy, perhaps cheap, but I find all motorola phones to be this way. The buttons are tiny of course and hurt the fingers and because the phone is so small the battery has very limited life compared to a t68i.

The good points are (were) the size...the cool factor wears off of course. Your friends will love it and be obsessed with the phone. Also, it has pretty great reception.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

My cell phone spent 30 seconds in a toilet while I mustered up the courage to remove it...

Took it completely apart, set it aside for 5 days, and it was fine. Reception was a little shitty at first, but it ended up normal.

"shitty reception"

• Reply 9 of 12
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

haha bad joke

yeah let it try out...probably best for u to take it appart if you can, because you have to be 100% sure its dry
  • Reply 10 of 12
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    i took it apart and set it out last night to dry and today it works! hooray for a functional cell phone!
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Quote:

Reception was a little shitty at first, but it ended up normal.

to say the VERY least
  • Reply 12 of 12
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Quote:

Originally posted by progmac

i took it apart and set it out last night to dry and today it works! hooray for a functional cell phone!

olé!