Password help

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I am in the middle of moving and have packed all my paperback books.I am having a hard time getting in my mac mailbox.It keeps saying the itools server mail.mac.com rejected the password .

Do I have to go to the online mail .mac and reset it in the account?Because I have done that.Any help out there for a newer user.I'm very green.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    gargoylegargoyle Posts: 660member
    If you can login to your account online, then surly, either you have the password in your mail app wrong or you have an incorrect security setting for the account.

If you can get online, I am sure there is a help page in .mac somewhere to help with these problems.

Cant help you more than that, I dont use .mac.

PS, use spaces after . and ? - Your post is hard on the eyes. Its bizzare what a small difference a single space makes.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Actually its BIZARRE its amazing what a difference spelling makes.

Now does anyone have any idea?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    gargoylegargoyle Posts: 660member
    No need for a sarcastic reply, I was just trying to help.

Quote:

.Any help out there for a newer user.I'm very green.

Yes you are, and I dont care how its spelt but perhaps you should look up nettiquite on google. You have made a massive 8 posts and managed to piss 2 people off.

Perhaps you should try rephrasing your question. Be more specific, what mail program are you using? what OS version etc ?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    The problem with the net is that when you come off correcting the way you did, what the hell do you expect me to say?Especially when you aren't perfect.I don't need any nettiquite,I think I 've read emily post and brought up with manners. As far as sarcasm in my 8 massive posts and pissing off 2 people. Before you speak you should read the posts that the people left ,then if you have any sense at all you would understand.

Now, I'm running the 10.2.5 on a pismo powerbook,I have enough Ram, and I'm using the mail.mac program.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Stop fighting please, ladies.

---------

Back to helping... I haven't seen this, but other people in my family have had problems with Mail being retarded with regard to passwords (other things too but they aren't relevant to your post). I'd suggest downloading another email program and just try it out to see if it's your password or if it's Mail that is screwing up. You could try downloading Eudora, and I think you can even get a demo version of Office v. X so you can try Entourage.