Seven years later, Apple was right to kill off the 3.5mm headphone jack

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 65
    Yeah, bluetooth is great. And yet I hear more and more people in public blasting their speakerphones to play music, YouTube, tiktok, facetime, calls... Maybe it's because a lot of people don't have $180 for airpods, or because they're easily lost, or because they only hold so much power before they need to be recharged.

A lot of bad etiquette could be prevented by giving people the option to use $10 wired earbuds, but I guess that isn't Apple's or Samsung's problem. 

And yeah, thinner phones are great, too... for an entire industry selling thick protective cases.
    edited August 2022 muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 62 of 65
    Wired fidelity better and more clear.
    purzamuthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 63 of 65
    Don’t miss out if ya can still hear 20k. Stay wired. Allows volume lower to preserve hearing. 
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 64 of 65
    but in most countries with low income this is simply not cost effective and for midrange brands it's not gonna be affordable for customer who barely Spare money to  buy new phone that doesn't lag those won't be able to Set apart funds for cheapest AirPods that may have to be replaced later too ! 

purzamuthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 65 of 65
    My son is autistic. He can’t wear earbuds. So, Apple has decided to disenfranchise an entire class of people to save a little room. How sad.