Tim Cook calls WWDC 23 'our best ever' ahead of highly anticipated keynote

Posted:
in General Discussion
Apple CEO Tim Cook has used his Twitter account to hype up what he is describing as Apple's best ever WWDC, hours before Monday's keynote presentation.

Apple CEO Tim Cook
Apple CEO Tim Cook

Apple is preparing to hold the 2023 edition of its Worldwide Developer Conference on Monday, and as usual, Tim Cook is promoting the event on the micro-blogging network.

The first tweet for the event was posted late on Sunday, with Cook explaining that he met students from "all over the world" who've worked on a variety of instruments. He highlights one app that turns an iPhone into a musical instrument, and another that "brings the experience of reading braille to iPad through haptic feedback."

As we get ready to kick off #WWDC23 tomorrow, I met with students from all over the world who are creating apps that turn iPhone into musical instruments and bring the experience of reading braille to iPad through haptic feedback. Excited for what's to come! pic.twitter.com/LpOTFmPmvP

-- Tim Cook (@tim_cook)
Along with photos of Cook with students at Apple Park, as well as teleconferencing with others, he claims he is "Excited for what's to come!"

A second tweet from Monday is more event-focused, with the CEO insisting WWDC "is always one of my favorite moments of the year." For 2023, he adds "this one is going to be our best ever."

WWDC is always one of my favorite moments of the year -- and this one is going to be our best ever! Tune in for our special event at 10 a.m. PT pic.twitter.com/SmkLT3VXld

-- Tim Cook (@tim_cook)
Though Cook doesn't offer hints of what to expect during the keynote, he does say that followers should watch the special event from 10 a.m. PT, 1 p.m. eastern.

The tweet also features the Apple logo animation, bearing the words "Code new worlds."

AppleInsider is covering the news from Apple's WWDC 2023 Keynote, as well as providing extensive analysis after the presentation.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    XedXed Posts: 2,575member
    LOL This would only be news if he had said it wasn't their best ever. Although this time I think it's likely that I'll agree it'll be their best, at least while Cook has been at the helm.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 6
    s.metcalfs.metcalf Posts: 972member
    Cue the Tim Cook "Good moaning" and his clasped hands praying to...Steve Jobs himself?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 6
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,376member
    I really admire Tim Cook, but I think he says these same exact words at every keynote and product announcement. 

I suppose if it wasn’t true he wouldn’t keep repeating it. Tim’s gotta be Tim. 
    grandact73watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 6
    ITGUYINSDITGUYINSD Posts: 516member
    dewme said:
    I really admire Tim Cook, but I think he says these same exact words at every keynote and product announcement. 

I suppose if it wasn’t true he wouldn’t keep repeating it. Tim’s gotta be Tim. 
    It's not true.  Some of his dog-and-pony shows are boring as hell.  But of course, what's he going to say -- "We've got some real mediocre stuff to show you and it's not that exciting" ??
    Japhey
  • Reply 5 of 6
    jkmutahjkmutah Posts: 10member
    For anyone who has worked in corporate America, it's called "marketing".  Music artists say it all the time too - "This is my best album."  Best = open your wallets. :)
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 6
    ciacia Posts: 256member
    I got no beef with Tim, he seems like a great CEO, but the more I see these staged publicity photo's of him laughing and smiling with people, the more I think about the staged photos of Kim Jong Un.

https://www.nknews.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/KimJongUn.png
    watto_cobra