Let's get ready to rumble: Zuckerberg agrees to fight Musk in cage match

Posted:
in General Discussion edited June 2023

Tesla CEO Elon Musk and Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg could step into the octagon after openly teasing each other on social media.

It's not uncommon to see two high-profile people square off for an MMA fight these days. It's become common for YouTubers and podcasters to step into the ring -- especially if there's some sort of ongoing rivalry.

Now it seems like the growing list of amateur fighters may soon include two of tech's biggest players.

On June 20, Musk tweeted that he'd be "up for a cage match" with Zuckerberg after learning that Meta plans to release a Twitter alternative named "Threads."

I'm up for a cage match if he is lol

-- Elon Musk (@elonmusk)

In response, Zuckerberg screen capped Musks's tweet, added "send me location," and posted it to his Instagram story.

While it'd be easy to assume this was a joke, a Meta spokesperson told The Verge that it wasn't.

Musk suggested the Vegas Octagon, and then playfully responded by saying, "I have this great move that I call "The Walrus", where I just lie on top of my opponent & do nothing."

Vegas Octagon

-- Elon Musk (@elonmusk)
The Verge

points out that while Musk dwarfs Zuckerberg in terms of sheer physical size, Zuckerberg has already begun winning Jiu-Jitsu tournaments.

Wheher or not the fight will happen remains to be seen. Musk has a habit of routinely making claims that he later attempts to back out of.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 25
    I hope it's to the ultimate finish, with the victor charged appropriately under the law.  In a country with capital punishment.
    darkvaderspicedjahbladeright_said_fredMeteorwatto_cobrabaconstangFileMakerFeller
  • Reply 2 of 25
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,521member
    I have no doubt that their respective adult guardians, i.e., boards of directors, will ensure that this Clown Patrol is never allowed to convene. 
    watto_cobrabestkeptsecretbeowulfschmidtFileMakerFeller
  • Reply 3 of 25
    darkvaderdarkvader Posts: 1,146member
    I'd rather they do pistols at dawn, with both of them getting a fatal hit.
    spicedright_said_fredOferMeteor9secondkox2mikethemartian
  • Reply 4 of 25
    spicedspiced Posts: 98member
    Two egoistic swell heads crossing words egging each other to a match…..tingting here goes….
    Oferwatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 25
    MaurizioMaurizio Posts: 42member
    Tim Cook is buying popcorn.
    NYC362watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 25
    chutzpahchutzpah Posts: 392member
    Let’s hope they both find a way to lose.
    spheric9secondkox2watto_cobraFileMakerFellersconosciuto
  • Reply 7 of 25
    stuartfstuartf Posts: 64member
    A fight were everyone is a loser!
    spheric9secondkox2watto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 25
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,385member
    One can only hope they take each other out, 2 birds with one stone. Both shitty people with shitty behaviour and visions. 
    Meteor9secondkox2watto_cobrasconosciuto
  • Reply 9 of 25
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,623member
    Money no mek you smart.

Apparently. 

What morons.
    9secondkox2watto_cobra
  • Reply 10 of 25
    AppleishAppleish Posts: 698member
    Grenades. Be men and fight with grenades.

(everyone stand back)
    NYC362sphericwatto_cobraBGnATC
  • Reply 11 of 25
    NYC362NYC362 Posts: 89member
    There seems to be a pretty solid consensus on the wanted outcome around here...lol.   (I agree.)
    9secondkox2watto_cobraFileMakerFellersconosciuto
  • Reply 12 of 25
    tundraboytundraboy Posts: 1,900member
    Just plain stupid.
    9secondkox2watto_cobra
  • Reply 13 of 25
    thedbathedba Posts: 770member
    Maurizio said:
    Tim Cook has too much class to be watching two aging adolescents duke it out in Vegas.
    edited June 2023 9secondkox2watto_cobraFileMakerFeller
  • Reply 14 of 25
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,521member
    thedba said:
    Maurizio said:
    Tim Cook has too much class to be watching two aging adolescents duke it out in Vegas.
    Does anyone really have the time and inclination to watch a Karen versus Karen slap fest? I suppose Vegas could put up odds to bet on which CEO starts crying first. Yeah, it really would be that bad. Or just plain sad. 
    9secondkox2watto_cobra
  • Reply 15 of 25
    bloggerblogbloggerblog Posts: 2,480member
    This will be the dorkiest battle in human history!
    On one end of the ring we'll have Zuck's 90s reject floating head avatar, and on the other Musk's unfinished humanoid bot.
    9secondkox2watto_cobra
  • Reply 16 of 25
    9secondkox29secondkox2 Posts: 2,893member
    LOL. Zuckerberg knowing joy Mitsubishis isn’t going to change anything. Musk appears to be less basically fit, but quite a bit stronger, larger, and heavier. As much as he’s into so many things, I seriously doubt he hasn’t learned fighting techniques - if for nothing else than for self defense as he’s a target for the weirdos out there. 

Of course the idea of tech moguls fighting each other is completely absurd. And yet, in the days since celebrity deathmatch became a thing, you know you’d watch it. 

If and when it happens, Musk takes it and quickly. Zuckerberg will have excuses about a sprained ankle from skateboarding or something. 

Of course the reality is that it appears musk wasn’t actually talking about them fighting each other. It seemed more like a TWITTER CEO vs THREADS CEO putting their services against each other. 

Twitter FTW. 
    edited June 2023 watto_cobraCluntBaby92FileMakerFeller
  • Reply 17 of 25
    Musk may have the upper hand with his "The Walrus" move.

All said and done, Musk and Zuck are providing more entertainment than Twitter or FaceBook ever did.
  • Reply 18 of 25
    You mean this is real?  I thought it was just another stupid Facebook meme.  🤣🤣🤣

Along with others, the best outcome for this is that both attain ambient temperature.
  • Reply 19 of 25
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,966member
    Nerd fight!!!!!
    BiC
  • Reply 20 of 25
    MplsP said:
    Nerd fight!!!!!
                              The Big Bang Theory - Raj and Howard Wrestle           

LOL. Zuckerberg knowing joy Mitsubishis isn’t going to change anything. Musk appears to be less basically fit, but quite a bit stronger, larger, and heavier. As much as he’s into so many things, I seriously doubt he hasn’t learned fighting techniques - if for nothing else than for self defense as he’s a target for the weirdos out there.
    That or we're about to see a cage fight where the respective security teams try to neutralise each other and capture the opponent.
    BiC