Brydge relaunches in a new venture with old executives

Posted:
in General Discussion

Following its foreclosure, accessory maker Brydge has been restarted by officers including its ex-chief financial officer, and a "number of former Brydge employees."

Brydge keyboard and trackpad
Brydge keyboard and trackpad

Brydge went into liquidation earlier in 2023, with its brand name, assets and intellectual property being sold in May 2023. At the time, it wasn't clear who had bought the assets and the name, but now a firm named Uinta Products has announced that it is bringing back Brydge.

According to its statement, Uinta Products is led by Leon Rossi, former Chief Financial Officer of Brydge, and Alan Way, former Head of Sales.

"Uinta Products is thrilled to build on the strong product portfolio and partnerships of the Brydge brand," said Way, now Chief Revenue Officer at Uinta Products. "We are poised to deliver technology and productivity products that allow consumers and organisations to be more productive from anywhere."

"[We] want to assure all stakeholders that we are committed to rebuilding this business stronger and better," said Rossi, now CEO of Uinta. "A number of former Brydge employees have joined us at Uinta, further strengthening our ability to deliver on our promise."

"Uinta is excited to relaunch Brydge back into the market," he continued. "With Brydge's history of quality and innovative products we are looking forward to a successful endeavour."

Uinta Products reportedly bought Bydge's assets and IP with funding from Claret Capital Partners.

When Brydge closed down, it left orders incomplete and staff unpaid. It's not known whether this new venture will address either issue.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    OferOfer Posts: 245unconfirmed, member
    Welcome to American capitalism, where members of the C suite are always rewarded, regardless of how they perform. What could possibly go wrong?
    williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Yeah, I think they'll have a tough sell on this one. The former CFO? That's a role with responsibility for financial irregularities like the company's insolvency. Nobody's going to forget that debacle for a while.
    williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Yeah nothing to worry about when a foreclosed company is bought out by the previous person in charge of the money and the former person in charge of sales.  Not like they don’t have years of experience making a company profit….oh shoot😉😂🤣
    williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 5
    ApplePoorApplePoor Posts: 286member
    I have used their iPad keyboards for years and really like them. Fortunately, the M2 11" iPad Pro is the same size as my M1 model. I guess I will upgrade to the M2 and reuse the Bridge keyboard on a third iPad.

Apple's iPad keyboard design was/is pathetic.
    williamlondon
  • Reply 5 of 5
    williamlondonwilliamlondon Posts: 1,325member
    ApplePoor said:
    I have used their iPad keyboards for years and really like them. Fortunately, the M2 11" iPad Pro is the same size as my M1 model. I guess I will upgrade to the M2 and reuse the Bridge keyboard on a third iPad.

Apple's iPad keyboard design was/is pathetic.
    I've used Brydge in the past and loved them, but you're fucking wrong about Apple's keyboard design (and childishly hyperbolic), it's far superior in every way.
    watto_cobra