iPhone 15 Pro rumored to gain a darker shade of blue

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware

There have been a lot of rumors regarding color options for the upcoming iPhone 15, and the latest is a return to a blue shade for the Pro models.

iPhone 12 Pro in Pacific Blue on the left
iPhone 12 Pro in Pacific Blue on the left

Apple usually launches at least one unique color with each new Pro model, aiming to boost sales with a unique handset. This year will likely be no different, with Apple opting for familiar hues while spicing things up with one variant.

This year, the rumored color was a dark red, going as far as to nail down the hex code for the supposed shade. However, that may not be the case after all, as a new report claims there's no signs of that particularly colorway being developed.

As reported by MacRumors, based on information shared by a reliable leaker known as "Unknownz21," Apple is apparently working on a new shade of blue for the iPhone 15 Pro lineup. This new shade will allegedly have a gray undertone to it, which is expected to complement the new titanium frame in the upcoming handset.

As noted in the report, the new color might be similar to the blue shade Apple used with the iPhone 12 Pro, which the company dubbed "Pacific Blue." Except this time around it may be even darker, and that gray tone may be more obvious.

This new blue color will reportedly launch alongside the familiar stalwarts, including Space Gray and silver, and with a "titanium gray" option as well.

iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro
iPhone 12 with blue iPhone 12 Pro

As for that rumored red color, the leaker says they have not seen any signs Apple is developing it at this stage. Meanwhile, this new blue color has already reportedly appeared on prototype units.

However, even the leaker claims that Apple may just be testing things at the moment, and nothing is guaranteed. That may mean it's still possible a new deep red color makes the cut for a fall launch.

Apple isn't a stranger to blue at all, technically speaking, even if it hasn't always opted for that particular shade in its high-end models. The iPhone 12 Pro introduced the Pacific Blue option, while the iPhone 13 Pro welcomed a Sierra Blue shade.

As for the non-Pro handsets, blue has dipped in and out of the lineup back to the iPhone XR.

Apple may need an attractive new color to help ease the sticker shock for customers looking to upgrade to the iPhone 15 Pro Max this year.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 22
    SkepticalSkeptical Posts: 183member
    It’s rumored to make phones as well. 
  • Reply 2 of 22
    Well Apple actually didn’t offer Space Gray for the 14 Pro. I was so happy because I hate Space Gray. I also hated Sierra Blue. I thought it looked more like Gray than Blue. Well, at least they don’t make you pay extra for the color you want. Acura is only offering Gray for the Base Model and any other color is +$600. It feels like they intentionally pick the crappiest color just so they can upsell on a good color.
    appleric
  • Reply 3 of 22
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,860member
    A dark blue/gray would be fine. Not wild about the dark red color rumored, or any red. Don't like white, silver, black, or various shades of gray, space or not.

Favorite so far was Midnight Green and I like the current Deep Purple.
    CluntBaby92
  • Reply 4 of 22
    9secondkox29secondkox2 Posts: 2,727member
    Just so long as I can get a space gray/graphite or silver one, I’m good. 

Dark blue just does t seem that great on a phone. 
  • Reply 5 of 22
    multimediamultimedia Posts: 1,035member
    I still like Gold.
    M68000williamlondonAlex1N
  • Reply 6 of 22
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,376member
    I like white phones because there are a lot of cases available that have translucent or translucent and transparent color gradient backs. The white phone provides a perfect backdrop for changing my phone’s appearance every so often simply by swapping out the case. 

An additional bonus is finding a transparent and translucent case with a grippy edge makes the phone 1000% easier to hold compared to a naked phone. The OtterBox Figura and Lumon MagSafe cases that Apple sells are perfect examples of what I’m talking about. They provide just enough grip to impart a high level of confidence when handling the phone but not too much that would make pocketing and unpocketing the phone difficult. 
    M68000applericAlex1N
  • Reply 7 of 22
    jfabula1jfabula1 Posts: 138member
    Don’t really care….I covered it up anyway 
    williamlondon9secondkox2SkepticalapplericAlex1N
  • Reply 8 of 22
    M68000M68000 Posts: 728member
    I still like Gold.
    Same!   It’s also a shame there will never be another iphone with a white face\front.  Those phones stood out in the crowd.
    Alex1N
  • Reply 9 of 22
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,813member
    I bet they offer a dark blue called Midnight like the MacBook Air. I would buy that to replace my Pacific Blue iPhone 12 Pro. I would still love for them to come back out with a Pacific Blue iPhone 15 Pro though. It's such a pretty color. 
    williamlondonSpitbathAlex1N
  • Reply 10 of 22
    tyler82tyler82 Posts: 1,103member
    Have they thought about Zune Brown?
    williamlondonCluntBaby92
  • Reply 11 of 22
    M68000 said:
    I still like Gold.
    Same!   It’s also a shame there will never be another iphone with a white face\front.  Those phones stood out in the crowd.
    They stood out for sure. By being ugly. White bezels are just a mistake. Apple realized that with iPhone snd  somehow barfed it all over the iMac. 
    SpitbathAlex1N
  • Reply 12 of 22
    tyler82 said:
    Have they thought about Zune Brown?
    LOL

Or how about throwback Dell beige? 
    CluntBaby92
  • Reply 13 of 22
    I crave more color options for the Pro models, I wish they had more color options and more colors that "pop" just like the regular phone models. I'm really tired of the horribly boring color options on the Pro year after year after year. I got the "deep purple" hoping for a change and nope, its so dull its essentially just grey. Occasionally in specific light at a specific angle, someone with a good eye may notice it has a slightly purplish hue. 
    Alex1N
  • Reply 14 of 22
    M68000 said:
    I still like Gold.
    They stood out for sure. By being ugly. White bezels are just a mistake. Apple realized that with iPhone snd  somehow barfed it all over the iMac. 
    Well,  i’m sure they sold many millions of them,  millions of people liked those ugly iphones. 
    Alex1N
  • Reply 15 of 22
    applericappleric Posts: 40member
    I don't understand why the colors matter… Don't we all put cases on these to protect them? I have never seen anyone using a phone without a case. I am sincerely asking help to understand why the color matters.
    Alex1N
  • Reply 16 of 22
    williamlondonwilliamlondon Posts: 1,324member
    M68000 said:
    M68000 said:
    I still like Gold.
    Well,  i’m sure they sold many millions of them,  millions of people liked those ugly iphones. 
    Don't engage the trolls, please.
  • Reply 17 of 22
    M68000 said:
    M68000 said:
    I still like Gold.
    Don't engage the trolls, please.
    Ha ha,  good point.
    williamlondon
  • Reply 18 of 22
    appleric said:
    I don't understand why the colors matter… Don't we all put cases on these to protect them? I have never seen anyone using a phone without a case. I am sincerely asking help to understand why the color matters.
    There is a certain thrill amd freedom from not using a case.  The iphone feels best without a case, but such a risk to do.  Many people do not use cases, accepting the risk.
    SpitbathMeteorAlex1N
  • Reply 19 of 22
    SpitbathSpitbath Posts: 91member
    appleric said:
    Bareback since 2007. Never cracked a screen. Never needed Apple care. 
    Meteor
  • Reply 20 of 22
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,813member
    appleric said:
    I use a clear case from Apple...so yes, colors matter to those who use a clear case. If colors didn't matter then Apple wouldn't offer them in different colors in the first place. 
    Spitbath