XDarwin 4.3 has arrived

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Just to let people know that it's out. I hadn't tried the prerelease 4.2.99....... so the jump to 4.3 sure is a welcome performance boost on my iBook.

www.xdarwin.org

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    trevormtrevorm Posts: 841member
    Havent used it in the last 8 months or so. May as well give it another try, and download a few apps too!
  • Reply 2 of 3
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trevorM

Havent used it in the last 8 months or so. May as well give it another try, and download a few apps too!

Hey trev how ya doing? Hope everything's well in Tassie.

Actually, your the man to know, re Darwin, I heard rumours way back that it was released to PeeCee boxes & that it even came with a usable GUI similar to OS-X Aqua...or that just total crap ?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    trevormtrevorm Posts: 841member
    Quote:

Originally posted by aquafire

Hey trev how ya doing? Hope everything's well in Tassie.

Actually, your the man to know, re Darwin, I heard rumours way back that it was released to PeeCee boxes & that it even came with a usable GUI similar to OS-X Aqua...or that just total crap ?

"me not much smart"

As you can tell from that lovely formed statement I am no great brain when it comes to this sort of thing! I once had Linux many many years ago and once I became totally confused with it that was it. I downloaded Xdarwin ages ago when i was in a cheap mood to run gimp, but I think it sux so threw in the towel. I dont know about that whole PC thing. Infact I could probably say that that is untrue! (God help me if I am wrong )