These ultra-rare Apple sneakers can be yours -- for $50,000

Posted:
in General Discussion

A pair of custom-made Omega Sports Apple Computer Sneakers from the mid-1990s are now available for purchase -- and they cost about as much as an electric car.

Image Credit: Sotheby's
Image Credit: Sotheby's

Another rare Apple collectible has been spotted online -- this time, it's a pair of custom-made sneakers that were given away at a National Sales Conference in the mid-1990s.

The sneakers, for sale by Sotheby's, feature a white upper, white sole, and an iconic, old-school Apple logo on both the side and tongue.

The shoes are listed as brand new in the box and even include an alternative pair of red laces.

The singular pair of sneakers are available in size 10.5. We're willing to bet whoever takes them home won't be wearing them.

In March 2020, a similar pair of shoes went up for sale at auction. Those sneakers, which were listed as used and in fair condition, brought in $9,687 after a total of 20 bids.

Recently, an original 2007 4GB iPhone has broken sales records at auction, with a 4GB first-release unit still in its factory sealing selling for over $190,000.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    mayflymayfly Posts: 385member
    $50,000??? Not even if Steve Jobs signed them personally. With best wishes to me.

Full Disclosure: Middle class family values. I'm sure Sotheby's will have no trouble selling them to someone.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 7
    shaminoshamino Posts: 536member
    Wow.  Apple's random marketing schwag is bringing in big bucks.  I wonder how much anyone will pay for my used "Shop Different" shirt from the opening day of the first Apple Store (Tysons Corner, Virginia).  :smile: 

I've got some pristine marketing schwag from other companies, but somehow I doubt they'll ever become collectibles.

Anybody want a set of Kia branded earbuds?  :smile: 
    FileMakerFellerbyronlwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 7
    shamino said:
    Wow.  Apple's random marketing schwag is bringing in big bucks.  I wonder how much anyone will pay for my used "Shop Different" shirt from the opening day of the first Apple Store (Tysons Corner, Virginia).  :smile: 

I've got some pristine marketing schwag from other companies, but somehow I doubt they'll ever become collectibles.

Anybody want a set of Kia branded earbuds?  :smile: 
    I sold a 24" rainbow Apple window sign on eBay in 2011 for $700! And it was missing the internal flourescent light, but the buyer loved it, and gave 5 star feedback!
    FileMakerFellerbyronlwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Oh, man. I remember when these came out - but IIRC they were US-only and us poor schlubs in Australia missed out.

I still have my Apple-branded polo shirts that I got as prizes at a late 1990s conference, but those have seen heavy use. Plus some inherited desk accessories and an Apple-branded wristwatch with the six-colour logo.

Anybody interested in an original AppleVision 17" CRT?  :D
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 7
    XedXed Posts: 2,841member
    Oh, man. I remember when these came out - but IIRC they were US-only and us poor schlubs in Australia missed out.

I still have my Apple-branded polo shirts that I got as prizes at a late 1990s conference, but those have seen heavy use. Plus some inherited desk accessories and an Apple-branded wristwatch with the six-colour logo.

Anybody interested in an original AppleVision 17" CRT?  :D
    I had forgotten that Apple had used Vision in a product term. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 7
    schwankschwank Posts: 7member
    I’ve got a “gently used” pair if anyone is looking for a cheaper option lol

mayflypscooter63watto_cobrajSnivelyjony0
  • Reply 7 of 7
    schwank said:
    I’ve got a “gently used” pair if anyone is looking for a cheaper option lol

Put those up on eBay with a starting bid of $10,000. You'll get it.
    watto_cobra