Apple's 'Underdogs' chase a stolen Mac in a new ad

Posted:
in General Discussion

Practically every single Apple security feature is artfully shown off in action in a new "Underdogs" ad that's as action-packed and tense as it is funny.

Mia Schauffler in
Mia Schauffler in "Swiped" (Source: Apple)

"The Underdogs" was originally the title of just one "Apple at Work" ad in 2019. Then the same office worker characters were back in 2022 for a film showing them going independent in "Escape from the Office."

Now they've returned for an eight-minute thriller called "Swiped," that sees a crucial MacBook Pro stolen right before it's going to be used for an important presentation. Cue Bridget (Mia Schauffler) using Find My to track down the thieves, and her colleagues chasing after her.

Apple does not credit Schauffler, the rest of the cast, nor any writers, directors or producers. It does, though credit Hauschka for original music -- and then credits the video as "starring:"

• Touch ID and Face ID

• Find My

• Passwords and Passkeys

• Safari/Fraudulent Website Warning

• End-to-End Encryption

• Notify When Left Behind

• MDM Remote Lock

• MDM Remote Wipe

• Secure Enclave

• Family Sharing

The video then further credits a total of 16 Apple features used in the ad, ranging from Siri and Group FaceTime to Apple Pay and Keynote.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    So she had an internet-enabled MAC and didn't save her documents to iCloud storage which the presentation could have just been on her phone in a flash.
    And she shared her device with a presentation I would of thought you'd also share this with Family documents in the cloud also.

But I did watch it all; mildly amusing.

• Reply 2 of 7
    PancakePancake Posts: 44member
    Please do not chase after stollen stuff. Lock it, remote wipe it, call authorities but don’t chase it. You could get hurt. 
    appleinsiderusermichelb76watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 7
    mulasienmulasien Posts: 22member
    This group needs their own Apple TV+ show. I'd watch it.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 7
    mulasien said:
    This group needs their own Apple TV+ show. I'd watch it.
    So would I.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quite funny, but a faulty premise. Aren’t Keynote docs in iCloud by default?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 7
    mulasienmulasien Posts: 22member
    If you save to iCloud drive, or an iCloud drive synced folder. A business all in with Apple/iCloud as their primary productivity suite would likely use it, but businesses using Dropbox/M365/Google Workspace, etc would use those services instead.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 7
    mulasien said:
    If you save to iCloud drive, or an iCloud drive synced folder. A business all in with Apple/iCloud as their primary productivity suite would likely use it, but businesses using Dropbox/M365/Google Workspace, etc would use those services instead.
    Aha, in which case it’d be in that cloud. Maybe Apple should bring back Back to my Mac!? That way they chasers could access the file on the internet connected Mac. /sarcasm
    watto_cobra