Earth goes to war in second-season trailer for 'Invasion'

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV

Apple has recently unveiled a trailer for the upcoming second season of 'Invasion', set to arrive on Apple TV+ on August 23.

Apple TV+ 'Invasion'
Apple TV+ 'Invasion'

In the two-minute trailer, we get a glimpse into life months after aliens have intensified their attacks, engaging in a full-scale war against humanity.

The season includes ten episodes and will release a new episode every Wednesday until October 25.

The cast of "Invasion" includes Golshifteh Farahani, Shamier Anderson, Shioli Kutsuna, Firas Nassar, Billy Barratt, Azhy Robertson, Tara Moayedi, Daisuke Tsuji, and Sam Neill. This series takes place across multiple continents and tells the tale of an extraterrestrial invasion from various viewpoints around the world.

Apple renewed the series in December 2021.

In 2021, Apple teamed up with popular Twitch streamers in an attempted viral marketing campaign for the series. During the streams, videos would glitch, and streamers appeared to get nosebleeds.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    mayflymayfly Posts: 385member
    The think I liked best about season one of Invasion was the focus more on the human side rather than the aliens. There was good character development of a very diverse cast.
    byronlwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 5
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,892member
    Hopefully something happens this season. I like slow burn, but the entire first season being a slow burn was ridiculous!
    appleinsideruserwatto_cobraMBear
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Breq27Breq27 Posts: 3member
    Hopefully something happens this season. I like slow burn, but the entire first season being a slow burn was ridiculous!
    Exactly right. Virtually no plot movement. Episode after episode of “slow burn” with zero payoff for the entire first season. Felt pointless. I am a bit surprised “Invasion” was given an S2. All show runners who want to create a slow burn season should be required to watch the first season of “Severance”
    StrangeDaysbyronlwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 5
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,892member
    Breq27 said:
    Exactly right. Virtually no plot movement. Episode after episode of “slow burn” with zero payoff for the entire first season. Felt pointless. I am a bit surprised “Invasion” was given an S2. All show runners who want to create a slow burn season should be required to watch the first season of “Severance”
    Damn straight. First ep or two of Severance were slow, then wham!, crazy train. S1 of Invasion went exactly nowhere. The biggest name star did a first episode only to never be seen again. Didn’t think it would come back, either. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 5
    To each his own, I guess: "Invasion" has been the only show I've seen on ATV+ that I've enjoyed from beginning to end for the season. I admit I haven't seen "Severance" since I canceled my subscription because I wasn't enjoying much of what I was watching, but I was so underwhelmed by the other productions that I didn't want to renew my subscription to see it.

I actually thought about renewing to see the second season of "Invasion" and to check out other offerings to evaluate my willingness to keep the subscription.