Get ready to pay more for the iPhone 15 Pro Max than ever before

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    I’m ready just take my money! It’s not like I want to spend even more money on a folding phone that will break in a couple of days.
    watto_cobracornchip
  • Reply 22 of 27
    multimediamultimedia Posts: 1,056member
    Going from a 512GB XS Max to a 1 or 2TB 15 Pro Max with USB/Thunderbolt 3 or 4 seems like it’s going to be worth whatever Apple says it costs. Especially since we’ll be able to buy them with two year interest free loans from our carriers.
    watto_cobracornchip
  • Reply 23 of 27
    elijahgelijahg Posts: 2,819member
    lewchenko said:
    The US is in a fortunate position price wise in terms of value. As someone outlined with the the cost of the X model compared to now, and that’s true.  Other countries not so much. It doesn’t matter that the £/$ ratio is largely £1.28 to the $ now (ie quite good) , Apple has hiked prices in the UK and Europe for a while when there is a dip … BUT never lowers them when the rate recovers. 
    The end result is prices in Europe that are considerably higher than the US even when you take into account Tax. 

Exactly this. The 14" MBP is $1999 in the US, which is £1556, which with the UK's sales tax would bring it to £1867. However, Apple sells that identical MBP in the UK for £2149, which is $2700 USD. They used to switch the weaker dollar symbol for the pound which was bad enough, now it's a lot worse. It's price gouging. I was going to get the 32GB RAM upgrade for my 14" MBP - but when I saw the price I just didn't bother. It was laughable; £400 ($513) for 16GB of RAM which costs Apple a couple of dollars. They even want £10 for the 96w PSU, if that's not nickel and diming I don't know what is.
    edited July 2023 muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 24 of 27
    charlesncharlesn Posts: 1,039member
    lewchenko said:
    The US is in a fortunate position price wise in terms of value. As someone outlined with the the cost of the X model compared to now, and that’s true.  Other countries not so much. It doesn’t matter that the £/$ ratio is largely £1.28 to the $ now (ie quite good) , Apple has hiked prices in the UK and Europe for a while when there is a dip … BUT never lowers them when the rate recovers. 
    The end result is prices in Europe that are considerably higher than the US even when you take into account Tax. 

"Fortunate" is perhaps an understatement. Apple prices outside the US can be pretty brutal. The base $999 iPhone Pro in the UK sells for the equivalent of over $1400, a markup of 40%. In the rest of the EU it's $1455. China is not much better at $1350 equivalent for the base model. Oddly, Japanese prices are much more closely aligned with US prices, with the base model costing less than $50 more in Japan, at the equivalent of $1043. 
    elijahgwilliamlondon
  • Reply 25 of 27
    JFC_PAJFC_PA Posts: 945member
    Apple upgrade program means a new iPhone costs roughly the same as my current one unless I change storage capacity. An easy choice. 

For a device I use as much as this it’s a very inexpensive  expense. 
  • Reply 26 of 27
    Our family has 3 iPhones from iPhone X, iPhone 11, and iPhone ProMax 14. The iPhone 11 needs to be replaced and so does the iPhone x. Looking at iPhone 15 for both replacements we can't wait any longer. Our family has 3 iPhones from iPhone X, iPhone 11, and iPhone ProMax 14. The iPhone 11 needs to be replaced and so does the iPhone x. Looking at iPhone 15 for both replacements we can't wait any longer.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,434moderator
    charlesn said:
    lewchenko said:
    "Fortunate" is perhaps an understatement. Apple prices outside the US can be pretty brutal. The base $999 iPhone Pro in the UK sells for the equivalent of over $1400, a markup of 40%. In the rest of the EU it's $1455. China is not much better at $1350 equivalent for the base model. Oddly, Japanese prices are much more closely aligned with US prices, with the base model costing less than $50 more in Japan, at the equivalent of $1043. 
    You have to deduct tax from international prices first, US price is without tax.

http://world.tax-rates.org

UK price is £1099, remove 18% sales tax = £931, which is equivalent to $1181 vs $999 so 18% markup, not 40% and EU countries provide 2 year warranties, US is 1 year.

Japan has 5% sales tax.
    williamlondon