Rumored iPhone 15 Pro box could break a packaging pattern

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware

A leaker claims to know what Apple's packaging for the iPhone 15 Pro will look like, but the claim seems to break a pattern in how Apple displays the iPhone on the box.

A rumored iPhone 15 Pro box render [X/@chandlerbongzz]
A rumored iPhone 15 Pro box render [X/@chandlerbongzz]

Apple is potentially weeks away from showing off its new iPhone 15 range, and rumors have largely dealt with the devices Apple is expected to launch. In a new rumor, Apple may be making a small but not inconsequential change to the box it will use.

A late-night X posting from serial leaker "ShrimpApplePro" offers the information sourced from Weibo that is decidedly low in artistic quality. The quickly-drawn image is claimed to depict the iPhone 15 Pro's box, as well as the wallpaper that will be displayed by the iPhone, with Shrimp adding it will be on a white box.

The leak was then followed by a render by @Chandlerbongzz showing what that box and wallpaper could look like. The wallpaper, taking off from the meeting circles motif of the iPhone 14 Pro, has light illuminating opposite sides of two circles, creating a white S shape on a back background.

While the leak is extremely minor in the grand scheme of things, it does offer a change to the way Apple presents its products.

Apple has tended to switch between displaying the front and back of the Pro models on an annual basis, with the display on the top some years and the back for others. For the iPhone 14 Pro, Apple displayed the front of the model on the box, not the rear.

The iPhone 14 Pro box
The iPhone 14 Pro box

If the rumor is true, Apple has decided to break the pattern and have the display shown on the front.

While this could be a conscious decision by Apple for 2023, it's also possible that a source got part of the leak right, but made a mistake with the sequence.

Either way, the box, and its contents, will be revealed to the world in the middle of September.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    The Apple Courage Strikes Again
    retrogustowilliamlondondarkvader
  • Reply 2 of 9
    mayflymayfly Posts: 385member
    This comes under the category of "who cares about the box?" for me.
    ralphieAlex1Ncurtis hannah
  • Reply 3 of 9
    seankillseankill Posts: 566member
    You know it’s going to be a boring launch when the box is the topic of conversation 😂

it’ll be in the trash in a month, if that long, who cares
    grandact73williamlondoncurtis hannah
  • Reply 4 of 9
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    To the posts above about not caring or tossing the boxes.  Word to the wise: I keep every package carefully, including the internal stuff, and make a mental note of how to reassemble it all.  I've done this for every Apple product going back to Apple ][s.  My resale prices attained are always top dollar, and the number one reason is usually the fact everything comes in pristine, original packaging, right down to the unopened docs and manuals in most cases, as I never need them.  Second hand buyers love getting that same special Apple packaging.
    edited August 2023 williamlondonkdupuis77FileMakerFellerpscooter63Alex1Nbestkeptsecretdarkvader
  • Reply 5 of 9
    MacPro said:
    To the posts above about not caring or tossing the boxes.  Word to the wise: I keep every package carefully, including the internal stuff, and make a mental note of how to reassemble it all.  I've done this for every Apple product going back to Apple ][s.  My resale prices attained are always top dollar, and the number one reason is usually the fact everything comes in pristine, original packaging, right down to the unopened docs and manuals in most cases, as I never need them.  Second hand buyers love getting that same special Apple packaging.
    Absolutely agree! I suppose if you use the phone until it dies or just trade it in then the box and its contents wouldn't matter a whole lot. But I will most often re-sell my tech when upgrading on eBay or FaceBook Marketplace and I absolutely agree with you. I think having the package re-assembled in pristine condition with the device and its accessories re-assures many buyers will help you receive top dollar when the time comes. I have an entire tote in my office closet full of empty Apple boxes for each device AND accessory for the inevitable day when it's time for them to find a new owner haha. Same with game consoles as well.
    FileMakerFellerAlex1Ndarkvader
  • Reply 6 of 9
    seankillseankill Posts: 566member
    MacPro said:
    Even so, it sits until you are ready to sell you phone and what apple puts on the box probably doesn’t change the box and phone value…

it going to be a boring year
  • Reply 7 of 9
    There was one iPhone that just had the White outline of the phone on the box. It looked like Apple didn't finish the box art for it.

I keep all my Apple boxes. My iPhone boxes in particular always turn heads when people visit my home. 
  • Reply 8 of 9
    iPhone boxes have always been pretty clear cut, with them simply smaller since they stopped including charging bricks and headphones. Also nice that they continue to include ways to hide the notch on the phone design.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    mayflymayfly Posts: 385member
    MacPro said:
    Works for you. In my case, it's not worth the extra $10 to keep all this trash around my small house. Out with it!