This may be the best look yet at the iPhone 15 color assortment

Posted:
in iPhone edited August 2023

A new set of images shown by a leaker with an excellent track record appear to show the regular iPhone 15 in five quite muted colors.

Expected range of iPhone 15 colors
Expected range of iPhone 15 colors

It's previously been reported that the iPhone 15 will be available in green, and one of the five shown in the new images could be a particularly light green.

Leaker Sonny Dickson has posted a series of images, without any further detail, which variously show the iPhone 15 in the rumored colors.

Following the four in that tweet, Dickson added a fifth showing a more overhead view of the iPhones.

An overhead view of what's claimed to be the new iPhone 15 (Source: Sonny Dickson)
An overhead view of what's claimed to be the new iPhone 15 (Source: Sonny Dickson)

While there is no description for any of the images, the camera lens system appears to show that these are all from the iPhone 15 range. Also, the action button is not present, as that is expected to debut on the iPhone 15 Pro.

Dickson has an excellent track record of mobile device leaks, dating back several years. That said, the provenance of these images cannot be conclusively determined.

Separately, a leaker has claimed that Apple's latest event invitation reproduces the company's logo in the same colors that are expected for the iPhone 15 Pro models.

Apple is now due to announce its whole iPhone 15 range, and at least one new Apple Watch, at its "Wonderlust" event on September 13.

It's expected that the new range will switch from Lightning to USB-C for charging, following law changes in the EU. Other predictions including a possible renaming for the largest model, to call it the iPhone 15 Pro Ultra, and this edition may have a titanium chassis.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 45
    mayflymayfly Posts: 385member
    Can't imagine what's going on here. If this is accurate, those pastels are nasty! The black is OK, but all the others look like 1950's bathroom tiles. If Apple is targeting the consumer market, why don't they make brighter colors? If they're targeting the business market, then why not use the same color scheme as the Pro phones?
    mobirdnapoleon_phoneapartgrandact73stevenozfred1StrangeDayszeus423anantksundaramdarkvader
  • Reply 2 of 45
    darkvaderdarkvader Posts: 1,146member
    Three off-whites and a pink.

Black it is.  No other options.
    mobirdwilliamlondonmattinoznapoleon_phoneapartfred1zeus423
  • Reply 3 of 45
    KT123KT123 Posts: 13member
    Shouldn't that "Wonderlust" date be corrected to September 12th instead of the 13th as listed in the article?
  • Reply 4 of 45
    harrykatsarosharrykatsaros Posts: 76unconfirmed, member
    darkvader said:

Even the pink is an off-white. Why is the company that made colours in tech famous so allergic to colour? 
    M68000williamlondonAlex1Nnapoleon_phoneapartstevenozStrangeDayszeus423darkvader
  • Reply 5 of 45
    jfabula1jfabula1 Posts: 138member
    Might as well rainbow pastel, chezz
    williamlondon
  • Reply 6 of 45
    9secondkox29secondkox2 Posts: 2,759member
    My take yesterday. Invite logo on hardware colorways. Looking legit. 

Now to see about the other part representing camera improvemsnts (space shots, fine details like sand grain, etc). 
    edited August 2023
  • Reply 7 of 45
    M68000M68000 Posts: 759member
    darkvader said:

Even the pink is an off-white. Why is the company that made colours in tech famous so allergic to colour? 
    Good question,  i have to think it could be related to the materials they are using or they think the colors look classy.   I had an iphone 5c years ago in green and thought all the color options in that model of phone were great.  But the iphone 5c was plastic,  not sure if that makes it easier for vibrant colors.  Imagine a new 5c type phone but with a bigger screen… but maybe Apple does not want to do plastic again,  i thought it was a fun phone.
    edited August 2023 Alex1N
  • Reply 8 of 45
    kmareikmarei Posts: 185member
    it looks like all the colours (other than black) were left in the sun
    all faded
    why no bright colours?
    yellow? red? blue, orange tc?
    why all pastel faded colors?
    have some variety
    williamlondonnapoleon_phoneapartfred1zeus423darkvader
  • Reply 9 of 45
    The 12 and 13 both had bold blues and reds, my guess is that the pale purple this year sold well, and so have the pale pink models before. 

Personally I enjoy my very Red 13, but if I can finally get myself a silver iPhone again I might just be upgrading!
  • Reply 10 of 45
    They're probably trying to avoid a MAGA boycott by avoiding rainbow colors!
    darkvader
  • Reply 11 of 45
    hexclockhexclock Posts: 1,262member
    Personal color preferences aside, 
    most people I know with iPhones put them in cases anyway, so the color is practically irrelevant. 
    argonautravnorodomtomkarl
  • Reply 12 of 45
    M68000M68000 Posts: 759member
    hexclock said:
    Personal color preferences aside, 
    most people I know with iPhones put them in cases anyway, so the color is practically irrelevant. 
    So,  by that kind if thinking, all phones should be made with black back and sides to go with the black screen?    No,  color choices are good to have.  Some people have clear cases and a very tiny amount of people use pouch cases which is more work but gives protection and let’s you enjoy phone without case while in use.  The pouch cases seem to be a well kept secret LOL.
    napoleon_phoneapartgrandact73Alex1Ndarkvader
  • Reply 13 of 45
    It’s missing brown-beige.  Talk about uninspired.
    williamlondonzeus423pscooter63darkvader
  • Reply 14 of 45
    Apple’s message: Pleb iPhone owners don’t deserve to have nice colours.
    williamlondondarkvader
  • Reply 15 of 45
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,406member
    mayfly said:
    Can't imagine what's going on here. If this is accurate, those pastels are nasty! The black is OK, but all the others look like 1950's bathroom tiles. If Apple is targeting the consumer market, why don't they make brighter colors? If they're targeting the business market, then why not use the same color scheme as the Pro phones?
    Too funny. Not “nasty,” like your cat puking in your slippers, but definitely throwback or a ride in the Wayback Machine. Some of those colors are very reminiscent of kitchens and bathrooms in apartments I’ve lived in as well as my first ranch style house, which was built in the late 1950s.

If Apple continues on this path we should expect to see Apple graduate to the 1970s next year and bring out the Harvest Gold, Avocado Green, and my favorite, Coppertone iPhone 16s. All of those would look totally fetching with a nice fake wood paneling case. Oh yeah. 
    mayflywilliamlondonAlex1Nzeus423pscooter63darkvader
  • Reply 16 of 45
    Nasty colors. 
    Are they for the suburban ladies’ gardening club?
    williamlondonzeus423anantksundaramdarkvader
  • Reply 17 of 45
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,344member
    When the critics say this release is lack lustre they will be very much correct. 
    williamlondonAlex1Njcs2305zeus423anantksundaramdarkvader
  • Reply 18 of 45
    dewme said:
    mayfly said:
    Too funny. Not “nasty,” like your cat puking in your slippers, but definitely throwback or a ride in the Wayback Machine. Some of those colors are very reminiscent of kitchens and bathrooms in apartments I’ve lived in as well as my first ranch style house, which was built in the late 1950s.

If Apple continues on this path we should expect to see Apple graduate to the 1970s next year and bring out the Harvest Gold, Avocado Green, and my favorite, Coppertone iPhone 16s. All of those would look totally fetching with a nice fake wood paneling case. Oh yeah. 
    Hmmm…had a house with a coppertone kitchen. Kinda liked it, and no one else is making brown electronics anymore…
    Alex1N
  • Reply 19 of 45
    sunman42sunman42 Posts: 270member
    Or maybe.... a multi-trillion dollar company has the resources to learn who buys what products, and perhaps, just perhaps, the market segment that purchases the most humble model of the {iPhone <n>, Max, Pro, Pro Max} range has expressed a preference for "1950s bathroom tile colors" (and as  veteran of the 1950s, I can only say that no, the only colors available in the mid-1950s were white and black, usually in combination; the Barbie colors arrived with the 1960s, maybe a few years earlier in California), er, muted pastels, and possibly black, too.

Perhaps Apple's colormeisters will turn out to be wrong. Perhaps not. Let's wait and see.
    williamlondonAlex1N
  • Reply 20 of 45
    Just in time for Easter.
    hexclockwilliamlondonAlex1Nzeus423