10.2.6 Already?!?!?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
http://macosrumors.com/

whoa... that was quick....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    4MB! Whoah, best clear some hard-drive space...
  • Reply 2 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by Overhope

lol oh
  • Reply 3 of 14
    Old news.

Well, I guess no one else posted it here on AppleInsider, though.

What MOSR didn't tell you:
    Quote:

- Mac OS X 10.2.5 USB kernel panic in certain configurations fixed

- Unreal Tournament 2003 and GeForce video on Mac OS X 10.2.5 improved compatibility

- Re-Insertion of Novatel Wireless CDMA 1.9 GHz PC Card compatibility Fix

- Mac OS X 10.2.5 upgrade removing non-Roman scripts support bug fixed

- Using Paint Effects in Maya on Mac OS X 10.2.5 compatibility fix

- LaserWriter 8 printing OpenType fonts compatibility fix

- Added Address Book support for Sony Ericcson T610 phone

• Reply 4 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by Overhope

At least that would shut up the people who have dial-ups.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    they should just call it 10.2.5.1
  • Reply 6 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by stunned

they should just call it 10.2.5.1

I agree with Stunned!
  • Reply 7 of 14
    frykefryke Posts: 217member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Proud iBook Owner 2k2

I agree with Stunned!

I disagree. Bug fixes like that should not increase the version number, only the build number. (And people with dial-up accounts should get broadband.)
  • Reply 8 of 14
    netromacnetromac Posts: 863member
    Quote:

Originally posted by fryke

Bug fixes like that should not increase the version number, only the build number.

I don't see why Apple shouldn't do this. Why make it harder than necessary to see what version of the system you have. I think the dot-dot upgrades are GRRREEAT!!
  • Reply 9 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by fryke

And people with dial-up accounts should get broadband.

You've gotta remember that Broadband may not be available in all areas... Don't assume that it's that abundant...

And once again... I agree. RetroMac, each time Apple releases an update OS X gets stabler and stabler...
  • Reply 10 of 14
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Proud iBook Owner 2k2

You've gotta remember that Broadband may not be available in all areas... Don't assume that it's that abundant...

I agree 110%!

A perfect example would be where I live (30 miles from NYC). We got our FIRST form of broadband (cable) just last year. DSL has been a no-go due to the CO for our area being 40k+ feet away and wireless being out of the question due to the tree cover.

If it wasn't for cable we'd NEVER have BB in our area... All praise to the cable-gods.

Dave
  • Reply 11 of 14
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DaveGee

I agree 110%!

A perfect example would be where I live (30 miles from NYC). We got our FIRST form of broadband (cable) just last year. DSL has been a no-go due to the CO for our area being 40k+ feet away and wireless being out of the question due to the tree cover.

If it wasn't for cable we'd NEVER have BB in our area... All praise to the cable-gods.

Dave

What about satellite?

As for 10.2.6, I hope it fixes a problem I had with my Radeon graphics card. It was fixed in 10.2.4, and broke in 10.2.5. I install this update on my external drive before my main drive.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    I just installed Jagwire on my dad's laptop (yeah, don't yell at me about Panther, we've had it since December, and he's only getting around to switching to OS X now), and in trying to update it the whole way, the 10.2.5 combo update (from 10.2.0) doesn't work! I tried downloading it twice (all 86 MB!) from SU, and once with the standalone installer, and just says a problem occurred and to try again. I hope 10.2.6 fixes this too!

/me crosses fingers
  • Reply 13 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by CubeDude

What about satellite?

As for 10.2.6, I hope it fixes a problem I had with my Radeon graphics card. It was fixed in 10.2.4, and broke in 10.2.5. I install this update on my external drive before my main drive.

As someone who has had to provide tech support for DirecWay Satellite dis-service, DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT SATELLITE! Its horrible, if you ever have a problem be prepared for it to drag out for a month or more, definitly that long if you need an RMA for new equipment or the installer to come back out to the site.

Oh and DirecWay does NOT support Mac, Windows only. The business verison supports an ethernet connection to any type of system, but the consumer version is USB and windows only.

AVOID SATELLITE INTERNET ACCESS!!!
  • Reply 14 of 14
    fred_ljfred_lj Posts: 607member
    Hmm...including drivers for the new Radeon Mobility graphics chipsets. This could be good. Bon Voyage to crap-and-a-half NVIDIA laptop graphics!