Brad Pitt & George Clooney are lone 'Wolfs' in Apple movie trailer

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV

Sony Pictures has released a trailer for "Wolfs," an Apple Original Films feature starring Brad Pitt and George Clooney as oddly similar underworld fixers.

Brad Pitt and George Clooney in 'Wolfs'
Brad Pitt and George Clooney in 'Wolfs'

George Clooney and Brad Pitt previously worked together on the "Oceans 11" franchise, but have been reunited in a new film. This time, the pair are teaming up for an underworld caper.

The action comedy "Wolfs" sees Clooney playing a professional fixer, turning up to a crime scene to remove a body and clean up. He's quickly joined by another fixer, played by Pitt, who has a similar dress, attitude, and is in a very similar line of work.

The two "lone wolves" are forced to work together as drugs and other elements come into play. The pair spend the rest of the night dealing with the spiraling situation, which soon involves a car chase, guns, and a very underdressed man almost being hit by a car.

The film, a Sony Pictures Entertainment and Apple Original Films venture, also stars Amy Ryan Austin Abrams, and Poorna Jagannathan.

Not yet rated, "Wolfs" is arriving in cinemas in the United States on September 20. It is almost certain to eventually land on Apple TV+, though that will probably happen months after the theatrical release.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    slow n easyslow n easy Posts: 361member
    This might be the best Apple film yet. I can’t wait to see it.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 6
    CheeseFreezeCheeseFreeze Posts: 1,291member
    Great names and they both have comedic talent, however it’s Apple that I don’t trust. They’ve been releasing a lot of lower quality stuff as of late while spending millions. 
    I feel this is going to be formulaic stuff where guns and killing are portrayed as goofy and actors playing funny, so that in the end there is no character viewer and nobody really cares. It’s a fast-food movie judging the trailer. 
    When are they going to take risk and throw uit some more edgy, daring content? 
    My favorite show on Apple TV is Severance - this is truly original and has a great art direction. Impeccable story telling. We don’t need fast-food, we need quality.
    Michae1
  • Reply 3 of 6
    neutrino23neutrino23 Posts: 1,563member
    Looking forward to this. I like Clooney in almost everything he does.
    Severance is good and I can't wait for the next season. Some stuff on Apple TV+ I don't care for (like Palm Royale) but I'm happy that other people like it.

We've enjoyed a number of items on Apple TV+
    Lessons in Chemistry (I wish they had another season)
    Sugar
    Slow Horses
    Dark Matter
    Silo
    CODA

Foundation was good but somewhat disappointing. I think it is a bit dated and hard to bring to a film.
    For All Mankind is interesting but the timeline is way too compressed. They are way too optimistic about how long it would take to build all that stuff. I'll add a personal complaint common to almost all sci-fi. They always show the pilots flying these ships by hand. In reality, computers are needed to switch things on and off and steer with the needed precision.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Michae1Michae1 Posts: 24member
    Great names and they both have comedic talent, however it’s Apple that I don’t trust.

Judging by the trailer, have agree. This looks like a bit of a toothless, formula comedy. Too bad, too, could’ve been a neat riff on the great Harvey Keitel character. But instead I think we’re just going to get another ‘Argyle.’

• Reply 5 of 6
    Great names and they both have comedic talent, however it’s Apple that I don’t trust. They’ve been releasing a lot of lower quality stuff as of late while spending millions. 
    I feel this is going to be formulaic stuff where guns and killing are portrayed as goofy and actors playing funny, so that in the end there is no character viewer and nobody really cares. It’s a fast-food movie judging the trailer. 
    When are they going to take risk and throw uit some more edgy, daring content? 
    My favorite show on Apple TV is Severance - this is truly original and has a great art direction. Impeccable story telling. We don’t need fast-food, we need quality.
    Yeah, that's all good, but people like junk food. Just as long as it's not Arby's or something. Not everything needs to be The Sopranos and the Oceans movies were good. These guys are fun.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 6

For All Mankind is interesting but the timeline is way too compressed. They are way too optimistic about how long it would take to build all that stuff. I'll add a personal complaint common to almost all sci-fi. They always show the pilots flying these ships by hand. In reality, computers are needed to switch things on and off and steer with the needed precision.
    I really want to like For All Mankind but this last season has been murder. Oh good, more labors laws and HR issues...IN SPACE.