PMs

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
i think it would be a good idea to have like a box or something near the top of the front (forum) page, telling how many pms a person has. often i come into the forum, and dont realize i have pms until i read through all kinds of topics. when, had i realized earlier, i could have sent replies earlier and moved that dialog along.

can you guys do it? i imagine its technically possible, since the vb home page can access a list of current pms.

actually, i just noticed one on the bottom of one of the pages. can that be moved to the top?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Why not just turn on the e-mail when you get a PM or Pop up a box when you get a PM options?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    There is a box at the bottom of the page. Is that not good enough?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    What Jack said.

• Reply 4 of 6
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iBrowse

Why not just turn on the e-mail when you get a PM or Pop up a box when you get a PM options?

i have email notification, but i dont like to check my mail throughout the day; i didn't notice popups, i'll turn that on. hopefully i wont dismiss them like the evil popups. also, does safari block them (since i have popup blockor on)?

also, i acknowledged the one at the bottom of the pgae at the bottom of my message, but the fp is too big, so i often dont remember it.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    I believe it will still work with Safari's pop-up blocking on.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by iBrowse

I believe it will still work with Safari's pop-up blocking on.

Correct. This is because it is not a *window* pop-up but rather a JavaScript message box. It still appears with Safari's pop-up blocking enabled.