iTunes Quality Music???

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

I'm basically buying singles that weren't worth a whole album, a bunch of back catalog stuff, some stuff I had on tape but weren't worth the CD upgrade

since I have heard it is legal to d/l mp3s of albums you already own... is it legal for you to download mp3s of tape cassettes that you own?
  • Reply 22 of 24
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    CD quality isn't always that great either. I have this Massive Attack CD that 1) sounds like it comes straight from vinyl with loud pops and scratches and 2) hasy some form of copy protection on it anyway.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

since I have heard it is legal to d/l mp3s of albums you already own... is it legal for you to download mp3s of tape cassettes that you own?

Hm, you may be right. Well, I haven't downloaded any of my old cassette stuff yet, but that was my plan. I have to check into this, thanks for pointing that out.
  • Reply 24 of 24
    johnhoodjohnhood Posts: 24member
    Here's my repost to Gary:

Dear Gary,

I read your article concerning Apple's new online music store and take issue with the editorial!

You'll find that iTunes 4 can export (to iPod, CD and DVD) in various audio formats at differing bit rates. Yes, Apple may have 'fixed' the store bit rate, but this could be changed if general feedback errs towards complaints concerning 'low fidelity'! Overall Apple has delivered the goods and soon it'll be available to US Windows users too.

Long may competition continue, thereby precluding homogenised standards to the detriment of the consumer.

Kind regards,

John Hood