MOVED: thread locks

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
personally i think the mods are locking some legitamit discussions that shouldnt be locked.

some things NEED to be reposted cause ppl dont want to read a 15+ page thread that was started 2 months ago when something relavent and new on page 13 shoulda been reposted into a new thread.

and if you wann get technical about it.. ALL of these threads are about "future hardware"

you should just lock them all, start ONE HUGE thread and call it "future mac hardware" and let it go on forever. cause thats basically whats going on right now anyhow

[ 09-16-2002: Message edited by: Bodhi ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    If you have any questions or comments you are free to email the Moderator or post it in Suggestions. Please don't use the Future Hardware forum for this discussion.

If you would like to discuss it with me, feel free to send me a private message.

Best-

Bodhi
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Having your thread locked is an honor.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    you gotta love reverse psychology... hehe

I agree though... as long as the items are different enough, lets not get ONE massive thread all th etime

For someone that missed the forst 10 pages... you will not be inclined to have to go them all to get to page 11.

Consider it natural selection. The worth ones will survive... the sucky ones... won't
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Behold, I ressurect an old thread about locks.

My comment?

Man, why so many locks in Future Hardware? I sure wish they were deleted instead so we can read the forum without fugly locks everywhere. Just a thought.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    My comment?

Man, why so many off-topic and repetitive threads in Future Hardware? I sure wish people were smart enough to actually read and think before posting so we wouldn't have to put those fugly locks everywhere. Just a thought.

Seriously, though, I'm sure more people would be upset by whole threads being completely deleted rather than locked.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Well, if you haven't noticed, Future Hardware hasn't been exactly hoppin' these days. Too little information to post and too many anxious Mac Geeks posting. I for one appreciate that the mods are trying to keep things to a topic per thread, but wish there were a way to merge comments (especially when there's a flash of 'hot' news) from locked threads into surviving threads. Sometimes really good comments get lost in a locked thread (along with a slew of not-so-good comments I suppose).
  • Reply 7 of 7
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    )i know, a funny thread i had in appleoutsider showing admin/mods making fun of me was edited and locked

i wasn't even being disrespectful or anything (out of curiosity, who was it?

haha i understand that it may have not been liked, so i will say this so mods/admins don't get mad

SORRY...and JK (why u gota hate )