Unlocking ColorSync Profiles

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
When I print from my 820, everything has a greenish tint. I've been playing with it for sometime now. I checked ColorSync, and ran verify color profiles. The profiles need to be repaired, it says, but when I run repair it says the files are locked and none are repaired. I can't figure out how to unlock them so Color Sync Utility can repair them. Help! Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    skalmanskalman Posts: 42member
    Hi,

run disk permissions to see if it helps. If it doesnt go into ~/Library/ColorSync/Profiles and Get info on the files and see if the files are locked. Then run repair in ColorSync Util again.

Havent tried but it might help.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    thanks for replying...

I don't know where "disk permissions" is...or how I'm supposed to do it. The problem I'm having with my Epson 820 is that it prints everything in a green tint. I ran ColorSync Utility and it tells me (for example): /Library/Printers/EPSON/SP820Series.plugin/Contents/Resources/ICCProfiles/SP820_Standard.icc

Header white point is not D50.

The file is locked. Could not be fixed.

I can't get to these profiles via the Finder. I did through Terminal, but I can't figure out how to see if they are locked or not. Any additional help would be greatly appreciated!! Or, should I consider scrapping Epson and getting a different printer?

Thanks again!
  • Reply 3 of 4
    skalmanskalman Posts: 42member
    Hi,

you run "disk permissions" from Diskutil located in the Utilities folder on the HD, go into the First Aid tab and have one of your volumes highlighted to the left.

The best way to use Disk utility is when booted from the X cd. When you see that you can choose language you go up to the Installer menu and choose Disk Util.

From what I know it is not possible to see if a file is locked or not in the terminal (could be wrong here though).

In the Finder when you come to the SP820Series.plugin file you control-click on it and choose Show package contents, a new Finder window will now open and you can navigate to SP820_Standard.icc and see if u can unlock it.

If neither of the above work then just delete the Epson drivers and reinstall them from the OS X cd or the Epson cd.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    thanks! I ran Disk Utility, and it fixed the permissions for my color profiles, but ColorSync Utility still said they were locked. I logged in as root, reran ColorSync and it fixed it. Now, everything seems to be printing fine. thanks for your help!!