anyone know any p to p besides limewire?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
i want to download stuff but lime wire is to goddamn slow! anyone know of any others?kazaa is just for PC's and cldonkey is for hackers.Anyone have a suggestion?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Do a search for peer2peer or Kazaa etc. There's already plenty of threads on this. Just dig around, shouldn't be to hard to find a nice substitute, check out Direct Connect.
  • Reply 2 of 17
    Go to Versiontracker.com and search. There are several. I have pretty good luck with Acquisition.
  • Reply 3 of 17
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    I've been a fan of direct connect, even like it more than kazaa (which I don't really like)
  • Reply 4 of 17
    junkyard dawgjunkyard dawg Posts: 2,801member
    I use Acquisition. Check it out at:

http://www.acquisitionx.com/
  • Reply 5 of 17
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    I've been an Acquisition user for a year or so. Since 0.4 anyway. I've never used anything else, and I don't know why anyone would want to use anything else. I just miss the web sharing feature in that version

Barto
  • Reply 6 of 17
    Xnap for mp3's.. A bit slow in finding sources though.. But I get them eventually, since I like weird music nobody else like..

mlDonkey for movies, programs and games. I just LOVE this one. Find the file you want on the net, quite easy, press the link, donkey does the rest, and woila: 5 days later you got a movie in niiiice quality!
  • Reply 7 of 17
    lil.topelil.tope Posts: 62member
    Direct connect and acquisition are about the best one's out there. But it is hard to find software for mac's on these.
  • Reply 8 of 17
    drumbug1drumbug1 Posts: 155member
    I recommend Best Buy...

they have movies, music, and software (in addition to your local mac retailer).

BE LEGAL
  • Reply 9 of 17
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    All he wanted was a good P2P app, not some moralizing SoB making assumptions about what he's doing with said P2P app.

Is your IP Addy inside the RIAA, MPAA or BSA subnet, perhaps?

Barto
  • Reply 10 of 17
    drumbug1drumbug1 Posts: 155member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Barto

All he wanted was a good P2P app, not some moralizing SoB making assumptions about what he's doing with said P2P app.

Is your IP Addy inside the RIAA, MPAA or BSA subnet, perhaps?

Barto

I don't appreciate your calling me a SOB. Keep that out of these forums. That type of behavior is not welcome.
  • Reply 11 of 17
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

Originally posted by drumbug1

I don't appreciate your calling me a SOB. Keep that out of these forums. That type of behavior is not welcome.

Your post was uncalled for.
  • Reply 12 of 17
    KDX. It's more like Hotline than limewire, but is far superior to Hotline. The interface doesn't follow Mac UI guidelines, but other than that, if you can find good servers it's a great app
  • Reply 13 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by SledgeHammer

KDX. It's more like Hotline than limewire, but is far superior to Hotline. The interface doesn't follow Mac UI guidelines, but other than that, if you can find good servers it's a great app

Well.. Then I dont see why people think its better than Hotline/Carracho.. Atleast Carracho is all mac!
  • Reply 14 of 17
    retrograderetrograde Posts: 503member
    I'm surprised no one has said Carracho so far... or am I misunderstanding what P to P means?
  • Reply 16 of 17
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Retrograde

I'm surprised no one has said Carracho so far... or am I misunderstanding what P to P means?

Carracho is a server/client system where servers serve files to clients; in peer to peer there is no server and everyone shares files to everyone else.
  • Reply 17 of 17
    retrograderetrograde Posts: 503member
    Quote:

Originally posted by chych

Carracho is a server/client system where servers serve files to clients; in peer to peer there is no server and everyone shares files to everyone else.

Ah... you know, I had a feeling there might be some sort of difference because otherwise I figured someone would have piped in much earlier with the Carracho link. Well, I learn something new everyday!