AO surpassed future hardware? --when

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
AO surpassed future hardware in number of posts? --when?

and that's a first as far as I know

and

doesn't that tell us the real sad truth about the state of Mac Hardware?!?!?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    no, just shows how sad FH has become with duplicate threads and trolls... I don't even go in there anymore...
  • Reply 2 of 15
    enaena Posts: 667member
    yes, I think Apple wants to be the GAP of the computer industry---kinda like a male model, all looks and no brains.

eeewwwwww....have an iPod, or iLife---333fsb?? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING 333fsb!!!!
  • Reply 3 of 15
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

no, just shows how sad FH has become with duplicate threads and trolls... I don't even go in there anymore...

its strange i was just looking here for some quick apple rumors last summer during the low points of being a fresh out of college grad... stared at FH for several months and have since abandoned that ship...
  • Reply 4 of 15
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    I occasionally still visit that forum, just to remind me that that was my Ellis Island around here...
  • Reply 5 of 15
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Late 2002 FH have more posts than AO. Now it's the contrary. I think it's two to three months old.

FH is less interesting. There was hundred of posts concerning the 970. Now we know nearly as much of this chip than the current G4. It's difficult to find something new about it.

But i have no doubt that FH will become very active in the future again.
  • Reply 6 of 15
    I don't see what is surprising about it. One forum deals only with speculation on the very narrow category of non-existent apple hardware while the other is open to discussion about anything at all non-Apple in the world. Even considering that the former is the focus of the site, the latter just offers so much more to talk about that it seems perfectly understandable to me that AppleOutsider would have more posts.
  • Reply 7 of 15
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    combination of slow news cycle in the FH rumour mill

and plenty of war/politics/distractions lumped in AO (and no FSC to take the spleen)
  • Reply 8 of 15
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    curiousuburb got it.

What future hardware?
  • Reply 9 of 15
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    FH was the forum that got me involved in AI, and it's still the first forum I check after logging in. Yea, it's a bit slow right now, but FH has always been a 'feast or famine' type place. And sure, there's been a lot of duplicate threads like Paul said lately, but the FH mods do a fine job, and, well, the trolls in FH don't have the voracity of, say, ena. So things are OK.

Life is (still) good.

*steals ena's jetpack and flies off to FH*
  • Reply 10 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

FH was the forum that got me involved in AI, and it's still the first forum I check after logging in. Yea, it's a bit slow right now, but FH has always been a 'feast or famine' type place.

You are right, many of us (this was the case for me) come to AI for FH. With times as we become addictive to AI, we love to post. It's difficult to make news posts each days in FH, therefore we tend to post in AO. As CoD said there is so much subjects that can interest us in AO.

So if AO tend to be the more popular forum of AI, FH will still be the heart of AI.
  • Reply 11 of 15
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    *Lightly places hand on FH* Nope, no heartbeat.

I think the heart is down further on the list now.
  • Reply 12 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by Spart

*Lightly places hand on FH* Nope, no heartbeat.

I think the heart is down further on the list now.

you just have to wait for another ressurection. What about WWDC ?
  • Reply 13 of 15
    Its now wonder theres more discussion with all the nationalistic fighting and goings on.
  • Reply 14 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

you just have to wait for another ressurection. What about WWDC ?

Exactly. The minute the 970 is previewed at WWDC we'll be seeing Kit&Gary on AI's front page due to the overwhelming rush of 'normal' people looking for info. Pull down your handy little 'Who's Online' tab for a minute. Now look at all the 'guests'. Where do you think they're looking?? FH. Nuff said.
  • Reply 15 of 15
    Lord, it feels so dirty talking about Mac stuff in AO. Is that weird? \