Half life 2: the future of FPS gaming

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    jeffx342jeffx342 Posts: 47member
    That HL-2 video was Sweat!

does anyone know where I can find a Doom 3 Trailer hi-Res like that?
  • Reply 22 of 25
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    It's really too bad the player-character movements are robotic and less-than-believable. It's too bad no company is trying to improve this area.
  • Reply 23 of 25
    could have missed it earlier, but are there any plans on releasing HL2 for the Mac at this time? I personally cant wait for TF2 if it ever comes out.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    the nature of the two trailers are completely different, so i dont think you can use them to compare the games in their entirety.

Also, saying a game was great because its predisessor was great is such a childish thing to do. Let the game proove itself when it comes out.

That said, i liked the HL2 environment style better than the doom/Futuristic goth one, but game engine-wise, DOOM seems to win in everything but facial animations.

Those doom monsters are too frighteningly realistic. Did you notice how in the HL trailer, the only monster that you got close to was the zombie? It didnt impress me much. jaggies everywhere. The levitation gun is a great idea though, as it allows for a lot of interesting gameplay i suppose.

In fact, i bet UNREAL II, which is already out, has nearly just as good of a game engine as these other 3 games. Run this game at high rez with every feature on, and you're jaw will drop just the same.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Imergingenious

the nature of the two trailers are completely different, so i dont think you can use them to compare the games in their entirety.

Exactamundo! The HL2 clips were E3 tech demos showing only the cool stuff that can be done with HL2.

The Doom 3 trailer is...well, a trailer. And while a trailer will try to show a lot of cool stuff, they keep some surprises underwrap and aren't really tech demos.

I think we'll have to wait and see. But my eye's on Doom 3.