Any way to get more screen real estate from FP iMac?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I'm playing around with Flash 5 and Dreamweaver on my FP 15" iMac and finding it rather crowded with all these palettes.

I know there's no hack for spanning with this original FP iMac so that's out of the question.

I really don't know what the heck this VGA out can do. I know it can video what I have but is the resolution still maxed out at 1024 x768?

If so, it may be time to upgrade to a new machine.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    moliumoliu Posts: 42member
    Quote:

Originally posted by satchmo

I'm playing around with Flash 5 and Dreamweaver on my FP 15" iMac and finding it rather crowded with all these palettes.

I know there's no hack for spanning with this original FP iMac so that's out of the question.

I really don't know what the heck this VGA out can do. I know it can video what I have but is the resolution still maxed out at 1024 x768?

If so, it may be time to upgrade to a new machine.

you might want to check the ibook desktop extend hack. It works flawlessly on my ibook. So now i have like 2 desktops. I read on the site that it works for some iMacs too...

Go to google and search for ibook extended desktop.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    The guy has an iMac, not an iBook. And I'm afraid there's nothing you can do, so far as i know.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mrmister

The guy has an iMac, not an iBook. And I'm afraid there's nothing you can do, so far as i know.

Exactly. I know the hack on the 17" works but not the 15". It was wishful thinking that someone knew differently or had some other work around.

Kind of difficult getting rid of it though. It just looks so good on my desk.

But if I can get a decent buck for it, it's time for a laptop (new 15" one).