Pic of computer setup - 2003

Comments

• Reply 321 of 627
    netromacnetromac Posts: 863member
    Hei Leonis. I live about 300 meters in the direction of the arrow. Next time your in town, give me a ring

• Reply 322 of 627
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Quote:

Originally posted by NETROMac

Hei Leonis. I live about 300 meters in the direction of the arrow. Next time your in town, give me a ring

Oh...you live in the old town in Trodheim? Oh gosh....I should have known this when I was there!
  • Reply 323 of 627
    Quote:

Originally posted by Escher

Leonis: Those icons on your desktop are huge. What's up with that? At least I'm glad to see you're running Camino.

Escher [/B]

This eMac actually is my aunt's. I got this for her yesterday.....and I had to set it up before I can give her.

Why the icons are big? Well....I set the monitor's resolution to 800x600 and set the icon to 128x128. My aunt's eye sight is very weak so I have to make things huge in order for her to see things clearly.
  • Reply 324 of 627
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    One major plus of the CRT there, people with serious eye trouble can drop the res down seamlessly.
  • Reply 325 of 627
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Leonis

This eMac actually is my aunt.

And what do you look like?

Btw. the English name for Helsingør is Elsinore - not Helsingor
  • Reply 326 of 627
    Quote:

Originally posted by JLL

And what do you look like?

Btw. the English name for Helsingør is Elsinore - not Helsingor

...fine.....those maps are confusing me big time.....but I have no plan to correct them.....

sh!t....forgot to put the 's after aunt....
  • Reply 327 of 627
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

This eMac actually is my aunt's. I got this for her yesterday.....and I had to set it up before I can give her.

What a dedicated nephew you are, Leonis. That's absolutely great. Have you thought about using the Universal Access settings in the System Preferences? That might help her as well.

Don't get yourself a hernia lifting that eMac!

Escher
  • Reply 328 of 627
    Quote:

Originally posted by Escher

What a dedicated nephew you are, Leonis. That's absolutely great. Have you thought about using the Universal Access settings in the System Preferences? That might help her as well.

Don't get yourself a hernia lifting that eMac!

Escher

Her sight isn't good but also isn't that bad....no need to use the universal access yet
  • Reply 329 of 627
  • Reply 330 of 627
    trebuchettrebuchet Posts: 176member
    Oh man, I wish I could get my mother to switch. Her PC is the worst. Some weird off-brand, sloooooooooow, buggy, crashes all the time and Windows just isn't for her. The more I explain to her, the more confused she gets. I brought my Powerbook over to rip some tunes from her collection and she loved it.

Why not switch? Money. She paid about $500 for her piece of crap computer and would never think of paying a bunch of money to get another computer. Maybe when I go to fix her computer again (and it will be soon), it just won't boot back up.

I couldn't do that to her. An old CRT iMac would be a vast improvement over her current PC. I would love to be able to buy her an eMac.
  • Reply 331 of 627
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    Quote:

Jesus....this thing is as heavy as a 20" monitor

It doesn't look like a NEW eMac to me, right? Pro keyboard and Pro mouse.
  • Reply 332 of 627
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kenneth

It doesn't look like a NEW eMac to me, right? Pro keyboard and Pro mouse.

No, it's the old one. Got it right on the day the new eMac announced. Got it because of the price drop.
  • Reply 333 of 627
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    Gotta do some rearranging/cleaning of stuff but I should be back soon to show some pics of my room at school (college). Its pretty boring though ...dont got a lotta ish in it...just basically got my computer and thats it really. Plus I might be getting some stuff to add...you know the deal.
  • Reply 334 of 627
    Now time for a refresh on memory for spring

A Mac Family?

All running OS X. No stinkyOS 9 (this is because I am the ONE who setup all these machines)

My setup:

Dual GHz SlowSilver?, 1.5GB RAM, 80GB HD x 4 (320GB Total), Sonnet ATA 133 IDE controller, Zip 100, SuperDrive, Firewire CD-RW (32x10x40), Cinema Display 20", Pro Speakers + iSub

--------------------

My aunt's setup:

700Mhz LCD iMac, Combo Drive, 15" LCD, 384MB RAM, Pro Speakers + iSub

--------------------

My another aunt's setup (she's in the photo.....but she's too shy to face the camera ):

700Mhz eMac, 384MB RAM, Combo Drive

--------------------

My uncle's setup:

500Mhz Graphite iMac SE, DVD ROM drive, Monsoon M1000 Speakers, 256MB RAM

--------------------

Other setups not shown:

My fathers' iMac - Graphite DV SE, 400Mhz, 384MB RAM, Monsoon M1000 Speakers

My brother's beige G3 tower - 500Mhz G3, Combo Drive, 512MB RAM, 17" CRT
  • Reply 335 of 627
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    OK, my wife and 2 year old are officially as insane as me.

Check out one of my Father's Day presents...

It will serve as inspiration when I need to drop the hammer around here.

• Reply 336 of 627
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Odacova

Workspace = Iraqi Desert during wartime.

Computer Setup = Powerbook.

Connection = Sat. Phone

During a sandstorm, even!

http://www.sportsshooter.com/guygruber/war/index.html

Crazy!!

awesome man!

ps. i'd post my set-up but i don't ahve digital camera yet
  • Reply 337 of 627
    kestralkestral Posts: 311member
    This is a picture of the desk I recently bought at Caban. Just picture a 12" Powerbook on top and a whole bunch of music studio gear and that's my setup

• Reply 338 of 627
    Hmm... lots of musicians here. Well, I don't have picts of my entire rig, but here's some of my guitar stuff.

Some pedals:

My guitar/amp:

One of my prized rack effects:

Link

MOD EDIT: Please keep images to 600 pixels wide, or it throws page formatting off for the majority of users ( 1024x768 ). You can shrink the image, or link thumbnails. Thanks.

Here's a list of my entire guitar rig. I also have a keyboard rig and a producer's rig

Guitar: 70's Strat reissue

Amp: Vox AC15TBX

Effects (Racks): Korg SDD-3000, Korg A2, Digitech DHP33 (yay!)

Effects (Pedals): Boss FA-1, Digitech WH-1 Whammy, MXR Dyna Comp Script, MXR Phase 90 Script/Bud, MXR Distortion II, Analog Man Sun Face NKT 275, Maxon OD-808 w/Analog Man Silver Mod, Digitech Space Station, DOD YJM308, Guyatone TO-2, Ampeg Scrambler Clone
  • Reply 339 of 627
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kestral

This is a picture of the desk I recently bought at Caban. Just picture a 12" Powerbook on top and a whole bunch of music studio gear and that's my setup

kestral, i was about to say, i work two blocks from there, and unless you work in caban, that isn't your studio.

i'm still in town for a few more weeks, but i'm not working full-time down there anymore. whereabouts are you?

anyway, i saw the "so hip it hurts" sign and had to reply.
  • Reply 340 of 627
    Hi rok,

Nope, I definitely don't work for Caban. But here's a hint, I work for a company that has a product that is on display at Caban. That said product is somewhere in the picture. Think the most obvious and prominent thing in that picture and you will have made the correct guess *grin*

I took that picture while doing a promotion event at Caban, but that desk in the picture is indeed my desk. At the time I took the picture, the desk was selling for $1800 CDN. It dropped down to $1000 CDN and then to about $500 CDN in the next few months. I managed to buy it for $400 CDN after taxes (and a sweet discount)

I'm in the Scarborough area, near the Markham border so I can be near work, but I'm hoping to move at some point later this year, preferably south of where I am near the water.

BTW, sorry I don't have an answer for you re: declaring items. I nearly did the opposite, move from Canada to the US, but 9/11 killed my job offer so I never had to deal with that issue. If you're that close to Caban, then you may want to take a quick stroll to the US Consultate near Queen and University, I'm sure they can answer your question!