Chicago Apple Store Information

Comments

• Reply 21 of 65
    idudeidude Posts: 352member
    Here's a the picture Scott took. It is strange looking compared to The Grove and SOHO, but cool.

Apple Store Picture

I'd post the actual picture here, but it is almost 1 mb and would take up the whole screen. If I have time to change the size, I will.
  • Reply 22 of 65
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    There's another Apple window that's street level on the side. The inside is done and the construction crew seemed to be finishing the sidewalk?

WHO'S GOIN'!
  • Reply 23 of 65
    I'll be there bright and early, though my dad would rather get there at 9:00. Hopefully my mom will be back in town to take me so he doesn't have to get up so early.
  • Reply 24 of 65
    You know I may not be there Friday. \ I have to drive from Ann Arbor and may not leave 'til 5:00 pm which gets me there at 8:00 pm. Are they still open then?
  • Reply 25 of 65
    I would image so. I think most the stores on Mich. Ave are open til at least 9 and all the mall Apple Stores are open til 9. I wouldn't be suprised to see it stay open til 10 or 11 since it is the grand opening.
  • Reply 26 of 65
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Nice photo Scott! I was downtown a month or two ago and they were still building the Apple window in the front. Looks cool.

Anybody notice in Scott's photo a possible window/doorway up on the roof? Maybe an outside deck or something? A little food court? That would be sweet (pun intended).

I'm thinking about heading down to NeoCon on Wednesday, if I do I'll snap some pics.
  • Reply 27 of 65
    Oh you're going to NeoCon? My wife's goin' too.

There's little reason for that other than a patio of some sort. But why? If you go, see if you can get up in an adjacent building and look down.
  • Reply 28 of 65
    Hey Scott, could you tell if they had a staircase of escalators? The other stores have the cool stairs, but I have heard from some that this one has escalators in an X shape.
  • Reply 29 of 65
    Hum? Couldn't look in. All I could see is that the stuff hanging from the ceiling is the same as the new layout.
  • Reply 30 of 65
  • Reply 31 of 65
    I went by last night about 8pm and Pepper was out there finishing the side walk. My wife was talking to one of the Pepper guys about the store. I think he may be going to the opening.
  • Reply 32 of 65
    ensign pulverensign pulver Posts: 1,193member
    New pics of the Chicago mega-store as of the 21st.
  • Reply 33 of 65
    I was there on Sunday. No change. Wont be back until Friday.
  • Reply 34 of 65
    YO! Mother****ing check this out! My wife is working the people she's knows at Pepper to see if we can get special access. Right now ... she's trying to get us in ... to meet Steve!

I'll have my PowerBook and a Sharpy ready.

This settles it. I'm wearing a tie.
  • Reply 35 of 65
    tribune story on apple store

from article:

Quote:

The multilevel Michigan Avenue location will feature the first-ever Apple Store Internet Cafe, according to the company's Web site, as well as departments familiar to Apple's other stores--a "Genius Bar" for hard-core Mac users, an iTunes music stop and hot items like the new Power Mac G5.

I'M NOT WEARIN' A TIE!
  • Reply 36 of 65
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

YO! Mother****ing check this out! My wife is working the people she's knows at Pepper to see if we can get special access. Right now ... she's trying to get us in ... to meet Steve!

I'll have my PowerBook and a Sharpy ready.

This settles it. I'm wearing a tie.

I heard that Steve was going to be there from a buddy at Apple. I'm actually going to be walking around before the store opens and taking picts/videos for Apple and going in and editing them before it opens (The videos and slide shows will play that night).
  • Reply 37 of 65
    Quote:

Originally posted by iDude

I heard that Steve was going to be there from a buddy at Apple. I'm actually going to be walking around before the store opens and taking picts/videos for Apple and going in and editing them before it opens (The videos and slide shows will play that night).

but are you wearing a tie?
  • Reply 38 of 65
    I wasn't planning on wearing a tie, but who knows? The shirt Apple goves me might have one.
  • Reply 39 of 65
    I wear a tie to work most days so it's no big deal. I'll have about $200 worth of clothes above the waist. BB tie and shirt from Nordstrom?s. Which I bought on Mag' Mile along with the shoes ... from Nordstrom?s of course.
  • Reply 40 of 65
    karate's tip for ties......tj maxx.

silks for ten bucks. famous brands....overuns.

tomorrow i will wear tie....dye.