iPaq Mac!!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Can anyone translate this?!?!

http://iq3630.tripod.co.jp/mac/mac.htm

I want it for my iPaq!! (I knew it was possible )

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    What you are seeing is the Basilisk II emulator being run on the iPaq. Mac OS is to Basilisk II as Windows is to VirtualPC. It'll be SLOW and it'll only run older versions of the OS (note that it's using System 7 in those shots).

Only a good idea for the hardcore geeks with nothing much else to do, IMO.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

What you are seeing is the Basilisk II emulator being run on the iPaq. Mac OS is to Basilisk II as Windows is to VirtualPC. It'll be SLOW and it'll only run older versions of the OS (note that it's using System 7 in those shots).

Yes, I know. I thought it was running on Pocket PC but that is Linux on an iPaq. It does not run very slow though since the machine it emulates is only 15mhz, so it runs faster than the original. Also it runs up to Mac OS 8.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    klinuxklinux Posts: 453member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

Brad's just jealous he did not think of doing it first.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    IWALKIWALKIIIIIIIIIIWAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *cough cough* *gasps for air* iwalk
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bioflavonoid

IWALKIWALKIIIIIIIIIIWAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *cough cough* *gasps for air* iwalk

I remember, last year I tried to duplicate the interface on my iPaq. *sniff* it was doomed to failure from the start, b/c I had no idea what I was doing. After I take that Operating Systems course in college, I will try to make one based on iWalk. Or at least on Newton.