Krispy Kreme

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Ok. I am new, but I have been on these boards for a month... And now we get Krispy Kreme?

Does it have any meaning other than thee fact that hoards of people line up out front when their stores open?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 46
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member
    I clicked, I got nothing. Diddly. Not even a plain glazed.

Is it only for SuperDrives?
  • Reply 2 of 46
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    The admins and mods here have been toying with our minds since they apparently know some astounding insider info about the new releases at the next Apple show, WWDC, on Monday. We affectionately call those four circles in the upper right "speed holes." Where the Krispy Kreme graphic is, there used to be a graphic of Smeagol/Gollum (the character from the Lord of the Rings series). This apparently has to do with the new version of Jagwire (10.2.7) that will be needed to run some or all of the yet-to-be-announced PowerMac 970s.

I would guess that the Krispy Kreme is either something along those same lines or just something completely random just for the fun of messing with our minds.

By the way, welcome to AI. You'll have to excuse the current mess... things will get better about a week after the WWDC Keynote.
  • Reply 3 of 46
    buckeyebuckeye Posts: 358member
    Hopefully it means mass production. When you walk in to a krispy kreme store after it opens there is quite a bit of wonderful ...inventory.
  • Reply 4 of 46
    Ya, I love that place. But, the sugar amount makes me insane sometimes. lol
  • Reply 5 of 46
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Just to point out what I mean by messing with our heads, take a trip down to the suggestions forum, where there are people digging hard and deep about the meaning of this new speed hole. Or I could just give you the link: http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...&postid=382808
  • Reply 6 of 46
    buckeyebuckeye Posts: 358member
    Well whatever it is, it probably refers to a new product in the lineup since the other pictures are of ther other stars in apple's lineup.

I just hope it makes since on Tuesday or Krispy Kreme is goign to develop a very bad stigma in certain circles.
  • Reply 7 of 46
    retrograderetrograde Posts: 503member
    In the immortal words of the Beastie Boys:

"Sweet and sour like a tangerine

Fresh like a box of Krispy Kremes"
  • Reply 8 of 46
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    Mmmmm... Forbidden Doughnut. </homer>

alternative interpretations for the late-night pessimist:

WWDC: all glazed calories, little nutritional value.

<bakery 'diets' notorious among some geeks>

Good machine: incomplete - big hole missing from the middle (MP, Panther)

Advertising Creep beyond just the bannerspace

Warning: HOT!

WWDC: a Special "970 Police Edition" announced

meh.

points for full spelling of Doughnut, though.
  • Reply 9 of 46
    dcqdcq Posts: 349member
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

points for full spelling of Doughnut, though.

It should actually be "doughnought," to be technically accurate. It's not a "nut" made of dough, but a "nought" (british for zero).

Late night trivia.

-DCQ
  • Reply 10 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by DCQ

It should actually be "doughnought," to be technically accurate. It's not a "nut" made of dough, but a "nought" (british for zero).

Late night trivia.

-DCQ

Hmmm. Not sure if that is technically correct. The first known occurance of the word 'doughnut' in print was in Washington Irving's History of New York. I think he described them as 'small plump balls of dough, fried in fat until they were brown as walnuts.' Generally they're considered pretty American but they probably came to America with the Dutch settlers.
  • Reply 11 of 46
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    And now those walnut sized morsels are called "donut (doughnut) holes"! Go figure.
  • Reply 12 of 46
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    All this talk of Krispy Kreme is making me hungry!

Fran: Down here in DC, Au Bon Pain sells freshly baked Krispy Kreme doughnuts. They don't have the light-up "Hot" sign outside their stores, like I saw (and followed) in South Carolina, when they're just hot out of the oven. But it's still (way) better than Dunkin' Donuts. Best of all, they're half-off after 4pm. Is it possible that Boston-area ABPs sell Krispy Kreme for the enjoyment of your taste buds?

Escher
  • Reply 13 of 46
    northgatenorthgate Posts: 4,461member
    I think it's a sugar-rush anaglogy. We're all spinning like tops this close to WWDC similar to a five year old spinning around the house after eating a Krispy Kreme donut.

Or it's AppleInsider's way of selling banner advertising...which is working because now I want a Krispy Kreme, dammit!
  • Reply 14 of 46
    alexanderalexander Posts: 206member
    Ummmm...what's in that last speed hole now?
  • Reply 15 of 46
    northgatenorthgate Posts: 4,461member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Alexander

Yeah, what is that? Looks like the top of some new fancy cube...or something.
  • Reply 16 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by Alexander

um, ipod, I think.
  • Reply 17 of 46
    It looks like the remote to the iPod. Its where you plug in the headphones.
  • Reply 18 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by buckeye

Ok. I am new, but I have been on these boards for a month... And now we get Krispy Kreme?

Does it have any meaning other than thee fact that hoards of people line up out front when their stores open?

Well I went to Krispy Kreme in Raleigh and asked about the 970 but they thought I was a bum asking for money.I said no but took the money anyway.
  • Reply 19 of 46
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    One of the things I like about my local Krispy Kreme is that when I go in to pick up a dozen (or even half-dozen) glazed, they always give me one extra to eat. It's so warm that it melts in your mouth (the doughnut, that is)...... yum.
  • Reply 20 of 46
    chilleymacchilleymac Posts: 142member
    Maybe KK is in regards to the Apple stock price blowing up like KK did as an IPO.