Apple leaks G5 specs

Comments

• Reply 81 of 1072
    Everyone knows, man, MacRumors' forums have been shafted from the traffic, the screenshots have been emailed to about any mac user with an interest in the subject...

it would suck if it was not correct...
  • Reply 82 of 1072
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Store is down for maintenance right now. Wow.
  • Reply 83 of 1072
    So, does anybody want to buy a kidney? Or maybe my left arm? I just hope the price isn't to high, there are only so many body parts I can sell to buy one of these.
  • Reply 84 of 1072
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Quote:

Originally posted by thegelding

apple released it on purpose...just like letting timecanada show the iMac2 first...it gets that AI crazies all ready for the show...i had my credit card out sitting in front of my computer waiting for SJ to finish is speech so i could order a year ago...i don't even need a computer right now and i am eyeing up my credit card to grab one of these puppies...

a pre-release "slip" to the fanboys gets them ready to buy, then the keynote shows it to the rest of the world that will order, but not in the first 5 minutes post keynote like we will...

g

Are you suggesting this was a planned strategy on the part of Jobs?

Kind of far fetched but then again, Jobs' knows that AI folks are hanging on every rumour leading up to a major release. Perhaps revealing phoney specs if only for a few minutes would be one way he could get his kicks!
  • Reply 85 of 1072
    o and ao and a Posts: 579member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ensign Pulver

Uh, no. There is ZERO upside to Apple releasing this info on purpose. This is the mother of all f*ck ups.

This will be in the mainstream press by noon tomorrow. Not good.

by noon tommrow? TRY MOTHERFRIGGIN 4 AM THIS MORNING.

EVERY FINANACIAL CHANNEL IS GONNA REPORT THIS

APPLE STOCK IS GONNA GO UP LIKE A MOFO!

I almost wished apple released this info themselves on monday
  • Reply 86 of 1072
    Ok. I am amazed. If in the SOOOO unlikely event that the server was hacked, Apple is simply screwed by the amount of attention this is getting. But, I can only believe it is true. Now only to hope on the price so that I may get one in the near future. Oh my goodness! The specs look GREAT!
  • Reply 87 of 1072
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Quote:

Originally posted by moki

Same as always.

lol, cryptic man.
  • Reply 88 of 1072
    HOLY ****. I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING. THIS IS SOOOO HILARIOUS!!!. I CAN'T BELIEVE THE GUY WHO DID THIS!!! ok, breathe, calm down. Poor guy. I really can't stop laughing at the fact this happened. Looks like is it gonna be a great week next week.
  • Reply 89 of 1072
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    all i know is that you people seriously ****ed with my ability to sleep tonight...i will be jumping around to other websites to see the chatter this causes...which is kinda sad to admit...should have powered down the freakin computer 5 minutes sooner, would have gotten a better nights sleep...course i would have been kicking myself in the morning when i saw 5000 posts about the G5...

g
  • Reply 90 of 1072
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    I think I need to put off this whole engagement idea. Ring fund is now the Mac fund.

Sorry, baby, maybe next year!
  • Reply 91 of 1072
    Ok, this is soo great..

how many times faster are these things going to be than whats currently out there? how much ass do these things really kick?

flick.
  • Reply 92 of 1072
    blizaineblizaine Posts: 239member
    Guys, lets keep it cool. As I stated above, the font used for the G5 specs is larger than the font used for every other product description.

This may seem minor, but as many of you know, pro web designers use templates to create the graphics so they are certain that everything is the same.

Before the site went down, I clicked on the iBook, Powerbook, iMac, and eMac, and all of them had the same smaller font, than was used to describe the "G5".

I'm just trying to keep everyone in check so we don't all get pissed on Monday.

\
  • Reply 93 of 1072
    picture is gone
  • Reply 94 of 1072
    bill mbill m Posts: 324member
    The specs seem too unreal to be true. But, either way, I'll bite.

Now, what if the "leak" is not a mistake and these specs will officially debut on Apple's website tomorrow morning? My reasoning is that, although we all desperately need and wish for faaaaaaaaaster Macs, the real thing that drives us is MacOS X. Maybe Steve wanted to get the huge G5/970 surprise out of the way and focus on Panther and its alleged killer new features. Maybe a long shot, but still probable, albeit contrary to Apple's recent history of events.

AAPL should skyrocket when if ever these specs get *CONFIRMED* and we'll all live happily ever after.
  • Reply 95 of 1072
    o and ao and a Posts: 579member
    Odd how the site is down but the link to the picture still works. I hit refresh its not in my cache.
  • Reply 96 of 1072
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Maybe Apple's not doomed

• Reply 97 of 1072
    mokimoki Posts: 551member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ensign Pulver

Uh, no. There is ZERO upside to Apple releasing this info on purpose. This is the mother of all f*ck ups.

This will be in the mainstream press by noon tomorrow. Not good.

Yeah, I'd imagine someone just used the wrong file name, and bam! Either that or Akamai messed up in some way. Regardless.... "yikes"

I would not want to be working at Apple tomorrow.
  • Reply 98 of 1072
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Blizaine

Guys, lets keep it cool. As I stated above, the font used for the G5 specs is larger than the font used for every other product description.

This may seem minor, but as many of you know, pro web designers use templates to create the graphics so they are certain that everything is the same.

Before the site went down, I clicked on the iBook, Powerbook, iMac, and eMac, and all of them had the same smaller font, than was used to describe the "G5".

I'm just trying to keep everyone in check so we don't all get pissed on Monday.

\

They could very well be revamping their graphics to use a slightly bigger font. Relax, let us enjoy this.
  • Reply 99 of 1072
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Of course, we *COULD* all be falling for the biggest yank on all of Macdom by some Dell-runnin' script kiddie... :P
  • Reply 100 of 1072
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    I have a very hard time believing the AppleStore was hacked.