Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Feel sorry for the idiot bidding 1700 for that thing
  • Reply 2 of 7
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Oh, the poor *bastich*.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Oh and he lives like 15 minutes from me. Should I bust his head? Nah...
  • Reply 4 of 7
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member

I'm planning to sell my old dual 1.25 to a friend for much, much less than that crazy bidder is paying for a dual gig -- and besides mine being faster, mine has a bigger hard drive (120 GB), more RAM (1 GB), and a second optical drive.

Since, however, my friend isn't sure he'll be able to buy my G4 when the time comes, it looks like eBay could be a nice alternative. Maybe with a couple of months for the G5 news to get out, G4 bidding will settle down to more reasonable levels, yet still I'm thinking I'll be able to get $1000+ if this is how bidding is going now.

Selling two old PowerBooks before, I've done reasonably well on eBay, getting back 60-70% of my original cost.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    dave k.dave k. Posts: 1,306member

I just sent him a email telling him to rethink his bid. Poor guy doesn't know Apple released G5's today. No need to call him a loser.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    don't fvck up eBay, you'll just turn him into a non-paying bidder and screw the seller.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dave K.

I just sent him a email telling him to rethink his bid. Poor guy doesn't know Apple released G5's today. No need to call him a loser.

Well since he did go higher after someone surpassed him is it all right for me to call him a loser now?

Quote:

don't fvck up eBay, you'll just turn him into a non-paying bidder and screw the seller.

Or else we will threathen the perfect system of the smarter people screwing the less informed...