G3 temp

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
My G3 233 runs at around 46 degrees celcius (114 F) is this normal for a CPU of my type? I've read about other people and their temps often seem to be much different from mine.

Thanks all

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Galen

My G3 233 runs at around 46 degrees celcius (114 F) is this normal for a CPU of my type? I've read about other people and their temps often seem to be much different from mine.

Thanks all

This can be the thermometer too. On my ibook 500, the CPU temp was alway between 5-25 degrees celcius... totaly imposible since the computer is in my home... (just to know, have you even used your computer at -15 degrees celcius ?) I've read long time ago that the thermometer on moto CPU is precise at like +-10 degrees.

BTW, even if the thermometer is good, don't panic ! On the intel side CPU run at 60-70 degrees, and the G3 can run up to 80 deg.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    gargoylegargoyle Posts: 660member
    does the G4 have a hermometer, and how do I see the temp ?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    galengalen Posts: 46member
    thanks microtrash. Ya mine is one of the first mot CPUs aluminum based I believe. When I hear people talking about their temps bein around 30 deg. celcius, it just doesn't sound reasonable to me. Oh well.......
  • Reply 4 of 6
    1337_5l4xx0r1337_5l4xx0r Posts: 1,558member
    Dude, be thankful you even have a wildly innacurate thermometer. The latest round of G4s don't even have a (working) Thermal Unit!
  • Reply 5 of 6
    How do you know what the temp?
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac Man 020581

How do you know what the temp?

go to versiontracker.com and search for "CPU temp" o something like that and you'll find dozen of usefull app that give the temp !