laptop options...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm looking to spend around 2000 dollars on a laptop, and i dont know which one to get. It will be for college. A superdrive is not necessary. Should i get a 12 inch with maxed out ram and a big hardrive, or a 15 inch with the same processor. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

330zx

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    If you want a G4 and your budget is sub-$2000, then shoot for the 12" with a 60 GB Harddrive and 512 MB RAM. But if the 15" is within your price range, wait. Actually, if you are going to buy either of them, wait until the 15th of June to buy, because new powerbooks are due out then.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    330zx330zx Posts: 27member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

If you want a G4 and your budget is sub-$2000, then shoot for the 12" with a 60 GB Harddrive and 512 MB RAM. But if the 15" is within your price range, wait. Actually, if you are going to buy either of them, wait until the 15th of June to buy, because new powerbooks are due out then.

Will the 15 inch pbook get become an al book, or is it expected to just get a bump in speed?

thanks,

330zx
  • Reply 3 of 3
    malokatamalokata Posts: 197member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 330zx

Will the 15 inch pbook get become an al book, or is it expected to just get a bump in speed?

thanks,

330zx

It will be endowed with a semi-translucent polycarbide shell, and waterproofed.

Just kidding. None of us know - we'd guess aluminum, yes.