Cirque Du Soleil

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Finally got a chance to see their show in person.

This is the first time they do performance in western Canada (as far as I know)

The show is "Alegria"

It was totally fantastic. Beautiful costumes, Jar-dropping performance. Totally worth the ticket price (I paid over 100 bucks for the ticket)

I am going to buy their DVD later

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    They've been here in Hartford for a few weeks now. Today is their last show. Maybe I can still make it.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    I find them pleasant, but generally soulless, and I'm not fond of their brand of spectacle.

The Angel Project, playing in NYC right now, is spectacular.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Alegria was the first show that I saw in person, and like most people, I became an instant fan. Since then I've seen Dralion and most recently Varekai. I'm torn between Alegria and Dralion for my favorite show. The music in both those shows is so fantastic. And both those shows were FULL of soul when they came through OUR town.

Welcome to the club Leonis.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    I saw a show a few years back in Chicago. It was pretty engaging at the time - I was even stupid enough to buy the CD because during the show I thought the music was good (it really isn't once you hear it on its own) - but I have to agree it's a pretty soulless thing. Just... emotionally detached... or something. There's lot's of groove and sex appeal and all but it almost seems machine-like in some respects. Hard to explain.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    wotanwotan Posts: 106member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Leonis

It was totally fantastic. Beautiful costumes, Jar-dropping performance.

Really? Wow. Im going to have to check them out some time. When people start dropping jars you know its gonna be good.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    I worked for them last summer when Verekai was in the Big Smoke. Fantastic show, but given my propensity for being a cheap bitch, I doubt I would pay $100 bucks to see it.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    1337_5l4xx0r1337_5l4xx0r Posts: 1,558member
    Quote:

Really? Wow. Im going to have to check them out some time. When people start dropping jars you know its gonna be good.

No, no, you misunderstood. It's a jar-dropping performance, ie: the show consists of two hours of odd-looking people smashing mason jars on the ground. For $100 it's a steal.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Quote:

Originally posted by InactionMan

I worked for them last summer when Verekai was in the Big Smoke. Fantastic show, but given my propensity for being a cheap bitch, I doubt I would pay $100 bucks to see it.

\\

It's CANADIAN DOLLARS

There are cheaper tickets available ($65 CDN) but I always choose to sit a bit closer
  • Reply 9 of 9
    If I recall correctly, $65 seats=40% obstructed view. People were pretty pissed off when they found out they were sitting behind one of the giant steel girders that supported the tent.

These were also the people that showed up ten minutes before the show started and couldn't believe there no front row seat left.