SE T610 vs Nokia 3650

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I asked this question earlier about the Nokia verse the T68i and the Nokia was the clear winner. But now Amazon.com has the T610 for the same price as the Nokia (150).

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...739176-2387130

So what is a better deal?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    rolandgrolandg Posts: 632member
    The Nokia's display is better to read in direct light. But it is way larger, has an odd shape that adds to the sheer size and the materials used look cheaper than the T610.

I'd take the T610.
  • Reply 2 of 14
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Originally posted by RolandG

I'd take the T610.

Any day! The Nokia 3650 is simply an ergonomic disaster. Just looking at the round layout of the keys makes my head spin. The only potential downside I see with the T610 is arguably weaker reception in areas with marginal coverage.

It's a shame I got a Moto T722i from Amazon a month ago. I would have loved to get the T610 instead. But I needed a mobile phone and didn't want to hold off. I guess I'll wait to see what becomes available in the next few months and upgrade around springtime.

Escher
  • Reply 3 of 14
    T610 definately.

Elegant. Very good up-to-date features. Upgradeable software (short video recording coming in this model or the next generation T610). Good finish (=quality). iSync works out of the box. OTA syncing (via GPRS) soon in iSync.

Nokia 3650 has good features (video recording, real player) and external memory card is a big advantage but the overall quality of the product is not that good and it is huge compared to T610. iSync not working normally (yet). Nonetheless Nokia always has had superior user-interface and Nokia 3650 is very easy to use and logical.

It is of course a matter of individual pros and cons.

but...

Still T610 definately. :-)

Off-topic: I have a hard time choosing between P800 vs. T610. :-) I have both but don't know which one to use on a regular basis.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    jante99jante99 Posts: 539member
    The problem I have with the T610 is that most reviews say the screen is unreadable in sunlight. This seems like a pretty big downside. The lack of memory (1/4 that of the 3650) is also a problem.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    I don't know about the T610, but the availability of software for the 3650 is a huge boon. The symbian OS is great and the new Series 60 phones (that's like the Aqua layer on top of darwin) all are extremely refined. Again, I'm not sure what the T610 runs, but Series 60 is probably one of the most well thought-out OS's available.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

Again, I'm not sure what the T610 runs

Java apps for one thing.
  • Reply 7 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by Harald

Java apps for one thing.

The 3650 does as well. Do you know what the T610's OS is?
  • Reply 8 of 14
    chopper3chopper3 Posts: 293member
    I've had a T610 for a few weeks now (working with a PBG4 800 10.2.6 & Apple/D-Link BT adapter). I've very happy with it, it was a free upgrade and I only really wanted it for the (much) faster interface (I had had a T68i which has a very slow interface). The BT works great, especially in conjunction with GPRS, setting up the modem took moments. The browser isn't great, the camera isn't great (but I have a Canon S30 anyway). All phones are a compromise but this is a perfectly adequate one for my needs. Oh and although someone told me it runs on a Symbian OS it doesn't, Symbian are based very close to my office and one of their guys says it definately isn't. Ask me any questions you like BTW.
  • Reply 9 of 14
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    It's a version of their phone OS. Same tree that all the 'feature phones' have run forever more or less.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    lungarettalungaretta Posts: 194member
    i have to agree with everyone who says the T610 is the better of the two. i've had mine for over a month now and i have to say it's great.

i especially like the way that it smoothly intergrates with my mac. the salling clicker works like a dream with it and the proximity sensor just blew my mind when i first used it.

i agree the camera is pants but i'm not sure i've ever seen a decent picture taken by any cam-phone (although the SE is under par).

all in all i'd say it may well be the best phone i've ever owned and i've just come from a nokia 7650 (pretty similar to 3650) that was a brick in comparison.

just my ?0.02
  • Reply 11 of 14
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    3650 is just a fun, easy-to-use, thoughtful little phone. Recommend.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    cesjrcesjr Posts: 23member
    I think the Symbian OS is great because you can load all kinds of different programs including a gameboy emulator. The 3650 is Symbian, but the Sony I don't believe is. I love my 3650.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    i love our newly purchased 3650. i synced the contacts last night (via bluetooth), and today i made some changes in the address book, i went to sync, and realized my wifes bag was upstairs so i thought i try syncing from downstairs to upstairs, and by god it worked.

sweet.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

i love our newly purchased 3650. i synced the contacts last night (via bluetooth), and today i made some changes in the address book, i went to sync, and realized my wifes bag was upstairs so i thought i try syncing from downstairs to upstairs, and by god it worked.

sweet.

Ain't technology grand? Word of advice, though: the further the phone is from your computer, the slower the syncing goes. That's BT for ya! But it's nice to be able to have the phone charging and not even think twice about having to get it to sync.