Keeping my AlBook Happy.

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi,

I feel a bit vulnerable in OSX without a decent app to keep everything working well. I would just save up and get Norton, but I've heard that it does not always play fair re: drives not mounting afterwards. Any ideas?

David

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iMacfan

Hi,

I feel a bit vulnerable in OSX without a decent app to keep everything working well. I would just save up and get Norton, but I've heard that it does not always play fair re: drives not mounting afterwards. Any ideas?

David

There's nothing wrong with feeling vulnerable. You're not running Windows. If you want to mess things up, get Norton. If not, stay where you are.

Of course, you could get Drive 10 if you feel like you HAVE to have some disk utility.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    cooopcooop Posts: 390member
    Alsoft's DiskWarrior is pretty good too.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    imacfanimacfan Posts: 444member
    Will either of them optimise/defrag my HD?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Drive 10 will defrag (in fact, I did just this last week). DiskWarrior basically repairs/optimizes your disk directory. Drive 10 has a suite of other tests that check your drive's general health. And if you buy Drive 10 right now, you will get a free copy of Tech Tool Pro 4 when it is released sometime in the next month. Drive 10 and TTP are made by Micromat.