Powerbooks at William and Mary (college in Vriginia)

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Is anybody attending this univiersity and owns a mac? I'm just curious about what kind of time they're having with it what problems they're running into with the software (if any). Or if anybody is going to any other large college could just let me know if there are any problems they've run into with their laptops. Thanks a bunch.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    most colleges seem to be very accepting to macs.

the network should work with no problem... and I cant think of any software incompatibilties you might have unless your major has requirements.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    kedakeda Posts: 722member
    My brother went to W&M (class of 99). I don't remember him having any problems.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    sushiismsushiism Posts: 131member
    i go to university (England) with my powerbook and it works fine with the network, i jsut plugged it in to the wall, opened chimera (as it was called back then hehe) and it worked instantly, of course then i got called round to a neighbour to install a network card and set up winXP for the network, YAY 6 restarts how wonderful. I don't have any problems with software because i'm doing graphic design and stuff so most of the labs run on macs anyway
  • Reply 4 of 5
    arw3arw3 Posts: 8member
    I graduated from W&M. The only problem I ran into was there was course specific software which ran only on PCs. At the time I had a Mac with a Pentium PCI card installed so I didn't have any problems. VPC should handle anything they throw at you.

BTW, GO TRIBE!!!!!!!!
  • Reply 5 of 5
    argentoargento Posts: 483member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ARW3

I graduated from W&M. The only problem I ran into was there was course specific software which ran only on PCs. At the time I had a Mac with a Pentium PCI card installed so I didn't have any problems. VPC should handle anything they throw at you.

BTW, GO TRIBE!!!!!!!!

You rule, thanks for the info. But.....she already opted to get a PC because she was to worried about the compatablity, which is complete horse shit now but hey go assumptions! She got a nice Sony VIO though that I helped her pick out....no beautiful mac though.