Tag Name : Why did you pick yours ?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I picked " Aquafire "..for a couple of reasons.

Firstly..because it was a name given for whiskey..

Like " fire water " of old..

Secondly, keeping with the watery theme..it was my way of saying Apple's "Aqua" looks hot...( I even managed to get my old 68K machines to boot up looking like OS-X. Aqua. (you should see my friends eyes pop wide open )...

And last but not least, because these two elements are naturally powerful forces ( Water & Fire ) and have had a great impact on my life and the land I call home.

So, I am curious to know what led you to pick your name & what significance(s) big or small it might have had..or still does ?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 57
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Originally my name was Wrong Robot, but then one day I got bored and changed it to Wrong Robust, then I left the forums for a while and when I came back they were vB and you couldn't change your name anymore. So I guess I'm Wrong Robust now.
  • Reply 2 of 57
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robust

Originally my name was Wrong Robot, but then one day I got bored and changed it to Wrong Robust, then I left the forums for a while and when I came back they were vB and you couldn't change your name anymore. So I guess I'm Wrong Robust now.

I was thinking of changing mine to just Aqua but that is only because I wish I'd typed a Capital letter into aquafire to make it Aquafire...

So if the Mod Gods can wave their magic wands to do that.. I would pleezed no end...
  • Reply 3 of 57
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    It's my name...

plus I believe the term is "handle" but I guess that doesn't apply in my case...
  • Reply 4 of 57
    I could not think of anything at the time that was deep and meaningful so I chose to go for humor instead.

I`m thinking about registering again as Silent Echos though.
  • Reply 5 of 57
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Because it's my last name.

I've regretted that on a few occasions when I've felt like making comments that I'd only want to say anonymously.
  • Reply 6 of 57
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Name
  • Reply 7 of 57
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    Spart is my first name.
  • Reply 8 of 57
    because I have two heads and I'm really, really cool. I'm from a planet near Betelgeuse which can be found near Orion's armpit. (light goes on! NOW you get it!)
  • Reply 9 of 57
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    we had a thread like this not too long ago. hear's me: i'm odd. i didn't want to blend in with the rest of the weirdos, and since i'm a proper noun: `the'. then, for flavor, i wanted to mispel part of it. sometimes i use the name wiffout a space. i find not enough people admit to themselves and others just how strange they are, so i thought i'd encourage it.
  • Reply 10 of 57
    Well Wickes is my last name... I guess I am not the creative type... and I use \\/\\/ as W... Kinda simple.
  • Reply 11 of 57
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    *Meow* ==
  • Reply 12 of 57
    douple post....havent had one of those in a while
  • Reply 13 of 57
    Mine is pretty self explanatory...Tiger Woods is one of my idols and I love playing golf (although I dont like whats associated with it...because I do NOT represent that demographic AT ALL) ..also refers to the golf sim Tiger Woods 99 from EA Sports...still probably the best out of the Tiger series ...although Id like to try 2003 on my Mac. Cant remember whether I used the handle somewhere else, might have but then again I think this was the first message board I was really a part of. Toyed with makin it somethin more creative...and more me...but I gotta represent for my boy Eldrick.
  • Reply 14 of 57
    gspottergspotter Posts: 342member
    There was already a thread with this topic...
  • Reply 15 of 57
    Quote:

Originally posted by GSpotter

There was already a thread.... with this topic...

Don't be such a spoil sport ..Gspotter...

That post is virtually ancient...

Gee..I can't imagine christmas would be much fun around your house..

"But mama..papa... we already got christmas cards last year...and the same old comments in them too..see every one..look what a smarty pants I am.."

Poo Poo..Relax, have a beer, kiss the fraulines for me...

• Reply 16 of 57
    I have a roller-skating cow moneybox on my desk.
  • Reply 17 of 57
    Quote:

Originally posted by RollerBovine

I have a roller-skating cow moneybox on my desk.

DiscoCow's mother....?
  • Reply 18 of 57
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    Let's see...it's my initials.

And since I was "FIRST", I didn't have all these cute, neat-o names to show me how to do it.

• Reply 19 of 57
    liquidrliquidr Posts: 884member
    Liquid R is a linguistic term. It is the tendency of those who are native speakers of and east Asian language to let the R sound go soft, forming an L sound. "It's FRIED RICE, you pLick!" Hence the Liquid R, I love it cuz my name begins with an R and I'm Asian.
  • Reply 20 of 57
    Quote:

Originally posted by aquafire

Don't be such a spoil sport ..Gspotter...

...Poo Poo..Relax, have a beer, kiss the fraulines for me...

OK. I admit, I was to lazy to write the stuff again. We have a very hot summer here (~100° F) at the moment and as these temperatures were rather unusual here, we do not have air conditioning... The beer is a good idea but I just kissed my wife, so kissing some fräuleins is not recommended 8)