Replacement foot kit from Apple

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I understand from Apple's support forum that Apple has some kind of replacement foot kit for 12" and 17" Powerbook users that lost their feet. Sounds like you get some sort of replacement of the whole thing

Anyone know about/used this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    I'd be interested in hearing about it too. I've not had any feet for the past 3 months. :/
  • Reply 2 of 8
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    When I saw the title of this thread, I thought "What the hell?".

• Reply 3 of 8
    kasperkasper Posts: 941member, administrator
    Yeah -- Me too.

-K
  • Reply 4 of 8
    jcjc Posts: 342member
    me three
  • Reply 5 of 8
    A replacement for my feet!? Yowza! Apple's done it again!
  • Reply 6 of 8
    alecralecr Posts: 33member
    Im missing two of my back 17" feet, was going to take it in. As far as i'm concerned I shouldn't pay a dime. I laid out over 3,200$ for this damn thing!
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Yup, this is the case. After calling countless times, apple has finally told me that the warranty policy has changed for the 12" powerbooks. originally, the missing feet were considered cosmetic damage...so they weren't covered. But i guess so many people complained, that they have started manufacturing replacement feet kits. they told me that they wouldn't ship out immediately, and that Apple wasn't going to have the kits until Aug 11 or 13th or something. So they should be shipping them out shortly. I can't wait, since my 12" is down to 1 leg

the moral of the story - if you're not 100% satisfied, make yourself known. if enough people make a sound, policies will get changed (about 1% of the time )
  • Reply 8 of 8
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    It's free. I'd call if I were you. They'll mail it to you. If you go in maybe they can do it for you but if you leave it with them they'll mail it off to the place where powerbooks are fixed and unfortunately that's not good.

My closet Apple Store is in downtown Chicago and there's always a long ass line of iPods in front of me. I never wait.

I put little sticky replacement feet on mine and I think I like them better. They stick well on any surface. I put three on so they balance no matter what the surface. And I don't have to wait for anything in the mail.