ELF :: Car Dealer attacks [SUVs]

Comments

• Reply 21 of 59
    badtzbadtz Posts: 949member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

I hate kittens. Let's blow them up. Don't be stupid. Burning down car dealerships isn't going to do anything but take money out of insurers (and out of your pocket subsequently), inflate Detroit's production numbers, ruin a businessman's life, seriously injure people, create a lot of toxic smoke.

Hey, I hate kittens too! Let's blow them up!

As you've misunderstood, I never stated that blowing things up is the answer! My statement was referring to my own thoughts about the incident (semi-sub-consciouly). Internally I don't disprove of the incident as much as I should be, and that's just being honest. I'm not rooting for extremists to express themselves in extreme manners.

Isn't it obvious theres economic consequences on many people from such events?
  • Reply 22 of 59
    Quote:

Originally posted by LoCash

Actually, that's exactly what it means. It also means that we are free to buy an electric vehicle, or a motorcycle, or take public transit.

But does that mean we're free to polute the environment in excess?

I guess if that's what you want to do ...... \
  • Reply 23 of 59
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by badtz

Hey, I hate kittens too! Let's blow them up!

As you've misunderstood, I never stated that blowing things up is the answer! My statement was referring to my own thoughts about the incident (semi-sub-consciouly). Internally I don't disprove of the incident as much as I should be, and that's just being honest. I'm not rooting for extremists to express themselves in extreme manners.

Isn't it obvious theres economic consequences on many people from such events?

And let me be honest. You're a retard for even semi-fantastical-subconsciously aligning yourself with those thoughts.
  • Reply 24 of 59
    My work was attacked by these jokers a few years back. They used superglue, spray paint, glass etcher and the like.

The results?

We bought replacement vehicles with the insurance money, toxic chemicals were sprayed all over the place, and we sent a pile of stuff to the junkyard.

Morons.
  • Reply 25 of 59
    Quote:

I guess if that's what you want to do ...... \

Well since you recently got a Sony-Ericsson T616, which is brand new, you should realize that they come from smoke billowing factories in Taiwan. All that so you could yammer on in a restaurant or someplace...and take pics of the Ivory Toad of Shanghai or freckled kids standing next to Dip road signs.
  • Reply 26 of 59
    Reminds me of the ****wits who attacked the research labs around here and "released" the rats/other test animals into the wild to be free.

When they found them the animals were all dead from either exposure or predation.

Stupid tree hugger morons.
  • Reply 27 of 59
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

So you just blow up things you don't like? How intelligent of you.

obviously you didn't understand precisely what I meant by my statement?

Quote:

Bill of Rights. Read it. Love it.

Gas guzzling = polution = right ?

Quote:

So let's see. We give them money for their oil and therefor because we pay the price they set we are taking advantage of them? Some would say that OPEC takes advantage of every country that guys oil from them? Maybe we should blow them up?

We buy oil from them to deplete their supply before we use our own, when the day comes where oil is less abundant. Smart of us ehh? We take advantage of other countries because we have the power to. It still doesn't mean we should me using gas inefficiently and pollute our own envionment? Is it necessary to drive a car that gets 10mpg? Please!

Quote:

It's never been a reality (or even a "pseduo-reality") that you can do what ever you choose to do.

Sure you can, unfortunately we take advantage of that when we can also.

Quote:

Yea but when you support actions like the ELF you opinion aint just another opinion anymore. You need to recommit yourself to individual rights and respect for other people, even the one's you don't agree with.

I never directly agreed with the actions of the ELF. I stated specifically that I don't necessarily support extreme actions. I just stated what I felt internally that I quasi don't despise their [elf] actions as much as I would usually like to. Because of it's relation to SUVs.

\
  • Reply 28 of 59
    Quote:

Well since you recently got a Sony-Ericsson T616, which is brand new, you should realize that they come from smoke billowing factories in Taiwan. All that so you could yammer on in a restaurant or someplace...and take pics of the Ivory Toad of Shanghai or freckled kids standing next to Dip road signs.

I never stated that all things pollutant are bad [even though they are] did I?

For somewhat necessary items [house, car, cell phone] I personally can deal with.

Carbon Monoxide is easily a high polluter to this earth, and buying an unnecessary high-polluting vehicle isn't a very efficient way of dealing with this problem.
  • Reply 29 of 59
    Quote:

And let me be honest. You're a retard for even semi-fantastical-subconsciously aligning yourself with those thoughts.

Well I'm sorry you feel like that... you're entitled to your opinion.

Hopefully you'll be able to get your Suburban past 110mph someday.
  • Reply 30 of 59
    Quote:

I never stated that all things pollutant are bad

Oh.

Quote:

even though they are] did I?

Gosh, and now have. How convenient for me.

Quote:

For somewhat necessary items [house, car, cell phone] I personally can deal with.

Live in a cave. Use your feet. Talk to people in person.

Quote:

Carbon Monoxide is easily a high polluter to this earth, and buying an unnecessary high-polluting vehicle isn't a very efficient way of dealing with this problem.

So are detergents, batteries, plastics, etc.
  • Reply 31 of 59
    Quote:

Well I'm sorry you feel like that... you're entitled to your opinion.

Hopefully you'll be able to get your Suburban past 110mph someday.

I've gotten it up to 115 on I5 actually. Just remember your position on pollutants and wastefulness when your T616 becomes passé in two months and you go out phone shopping again, buy legumes grown with the aid of pesticides (or even worse, organically), wash your dishes, wash your clothes, etc.
  • Reply 32 of 59
    argentoargento Posts: 483member
    here are a list of things I don't like that other people have.

Cats

Annoying Children

Window Chimes

Compost piles

Furnaces

Wells

Houses

So now I'm going to go beat, smash and destroy the hell out of them. Who's with me?!?!?!
  • Reply 33 of 59
    Quote:

Originally posted by Argento

here are a list of things I don't like that other people have.

Cats

Annoying Children

Window Chimes

Compost piles

Furnaces

Wells

Houses

So now I'm going to go beat, smash and destroy the hell out of them. Who's with me?!?!?!

i will, we'll start with your cats, annoying children, window chimes and so on
  • Reply 34 of 59
    argentoargento Posts: 483member
    Also, all houses that don't have solar panels on their roofs to provide for at least 25% of the power consumption, are going to get burnt to the ground, because that is just selfish of you.
  • Reply 35 of 59
    <--- I drive a Ford Excursion

What the hell else am I supposed to use to haul around myself, my wife and four small kids, 2 strollers and all the other crap that goes along with children ?

Oh wait ... I could get a fooking Toyota Prius ... that'd work !

(not that I care if someone ELSE want's to drive a Prius ... neat technology)
  • Reply 36 of 59
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:

I'm not actually rooting for ELF themselves [as environmental extremists] ... but I'm [quiet but consciously] rooting for the act they did.

My rooting basically equates to "hate SUVs = blowing them up".

I really don't think peoples "right to freedom" means the right to own a big oversized everyday vehicle that gets 10mpg! There's SO many cons to driving a SUV it's rediculous. Our freedom stems from taking advantage of other countries, and giving our citizens the pseudo-reality that you can do whatever you choose to do.

I already feel bad driving a car that gets 25-30, let alone 10 or less mpg!

Of course, this is all imo. \

I'm so sick of this line of thinking. not all SUVs get 10MPG. My Envoy has an inline six and gets 21 on the highway. That's not bad. It's about as much (or close) to what a minivan would get. They almost all have big V6's now.

Secondly, SUV's may burn more gas...but no one has posted anything on EMISSIONS. Depsite gas prices, there is no shortage. I'd like some links on SUV's destroying the envirnonment. It's pure rhetoric.

Quote:

Our freedom stems from taking advantage of other countries, and giving our citizens the pseudo-reality that you can do whatever you choose to do.

There it is. Blame America! I'd like to know what you're talking about. "Taking advantage of"....how? By buying they're oil at artifically high prices?

And BTW, I CAN choose to do what I'd like...especially in my choice of vehicle.
  • Reply 37 of 59
    Quote:

Originally posted by LoCash

Actually, that's exactly what it means. It also means that we are free to buy an electric vehicle, or a motorcycle, or take public transit.

Bingo!
  • Reply 38 of 59
    Quote:

Unfortunately, most major metropolitan cities in the US aren't designed to be pedestrian friendly and more or less require you to own a vehicle. I feel bad because of the fact we don't have a more efficient solution to our gas guzzling methods to get around.

I do realize that their is a "market" for SUVs, hence why [unfortunately] there's so many of them around. \

Wrong. It's the suburbs that are the problem.

Quote:

Proof. Show me how SUV's pollute more. You're just spewing more rhetoric and don't even know it. At least you're not being disingenuous and you actually believe it. Though, I'm not sure that's any better.
  • Reply 39 of 59
    Pardon yet another reply:

Badtz

Quote:

We buy oil from them to deplete their supply before we use our own, when the day comes where oil is less abundant. Smart of us ehh? We take advantage of other countries because we have the power to. It still doesn't mean we should me using gas inefficiently and pollute our own envionment? Is it necessary to drive a car that gets 10mpg? Please!

Why would we do that? It's all a secret plan to deplete their supply before ours? No, one of the main reasons is that special interest environmental groups have seen to it that WE CAN'T DRILL OR EXPLORE HERE. Hmmm.

Again...I want pollution numbers.

BTW, I don't hear you ripping up construction workers for driving Dodge Rams.

Quote:

And it's our choice. Some of us don't believe that the Earth is quite that fragile. ONE MORE TIME: Show me the emissions numbers on SUVS
  • Reply 40 of 59
    willoughbywilloughby Posts: 1,457member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

Hint: trophy wives seek out money before all else. So after they get married to the rich guy, they fuk the pool boy when [the husband with the small pecker] is at work.

So the moral here is:

be the pool boy